[Faculty] Upcoming Implementation of New Systems – Preparation and Training

Gerry Bomotti gerard.bomotti at ucr.edu
Wed Apr 12 11:17:58 PDT 2023

[cid:image001.png at 01D96D30.05194420]

Subject: Upcoming Implementation of New Systems – Preparation and Training
Dear Faculty & Academics,

We are quickly approaching the launch of new Impact23<https://impact23.ucr.edu/> systems, including Oracle Financials and Kuali Sponsored Programs in July 2023. Your colleagues and administrative staff are actively involved in developing training courses that will familiarize you with these new applications and the associated business processes.
As we approach the implementation date, we emphasize the importance of preparation and training to ensure a smooth transition. Therefore, we would like to request your cooperation in the following activities:

  *   Impact23 Summit: If you did not attend the Impact23 Summit, we encourage you to watch the recommended event recordings<https://impact23.ucr.edu/sites/default/files/2023-03/impact23-summit_academics.pdf> to catch up on changes that impact academics.
  *   Online Training: Towards the end of this month, a set of web-based training courses will be released in the UC Learning Center, aimed at familiarizing academics with the features and functionalities of new systems. These courses will typically last between 30-45 minutes. You will receive a communication with guidance on accessing the recommended learning path for academics, which will include courses such as UCR Finance and Research Systems for Academics and Concur for Academics.
  *   Plan for Downtime: As the implementation process proceeds, it is critical to coordinate conversion activities with fiscal closing deadlines. This may result in certain fiscal close deadlines being pushed forward or extended beyond normal schedules. Furthermore, there will be a period of downtime when systems will not be available. Therefore, it is recommended to coordinate with your staff to ensure that tasks are completed before the blackout periods.

If there is a critical matter that arises during the blackout period that cannot wait, please coordinate with your Chief Financial Administrative Officer (CFAO) who will reach out to the appropriate central office for support. You can attend the Town Hall on April 27th at 1:30 pm<https://ucr.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eZMHyreeTFKqyP1RLmFODQ> to learn more.
Below is a list of key dates that faculty should be aware of:

  *   PAMIS eCAF Blackout Period: June 16 – July 7
Researchers must submit an eCAF<https://research.ucr.edu/spa/ecaf> for all anticipated proposals due on or before July 7, 2023, by June 16 (this is only for eCAF and NOT final proposal submission). Once the eCAF is submitted, researchers must adhere to the Research and Economic Development (RED/SPA) office proposal submission policy, which requires that the final proposal (final document(s) that are reviewed, endorsed by Sponsored Programs Administration (SPA)<https://research.ucr.edu/spa>, and provided to the sponsor via PDF, Cayuse, sponsors platform, etc.) be delivered to their SPA Contracts & Grants Officer no later than two full business days before the sponsor's due date.

Please note, that due to SPA’s bandwidth, managing proposals without the eCAF system will be challenging. We need all PIs to follow the process outlined; however, we understand that there may be a situation where an exception to this process and schedule is necessary. RED will attempt to accommodate those situations during the eCAF blackout period in those rare cases. If an unforeseen situation occurs, the PI should contact their SPA Contracts & Grants Officer<https://redit.ucr.edu/OrApps/RED/Staff.aspx?t=3> for exceptional procedures.

Additionally, from July 5 onwards, proposal routing and approval currently performed in eCAF will be replaced by Kuali. Cayuse will remain available until July 10. From July 10 onwards, Kuali will be the only platform through which extramural grant applications will be submitted to RED.
  *   Concur Travel and Expense Blackout Period: June 13 – July 4
These dates have been designated as blackout dates for the transition of Concur Travel and Expense to the new Chart of Accounts (COA). If travel expense reimbursements are not approved by the department before June 12, they must be resubmitted on July 5 for processing. To avoid any delays, please ensure that travel receipts are submitted in Concur or provided to your Travel Arranger before June 12, especially for completed trips. To minimize reimbursement delays for out-of-pocket travel expenses, we encourage employees to use their T&E Card<https://impact23.ucr.edu/te-card-request>.
  *   eBuy Blackout Period: June 22– July 4
Purchase Order (PO) requests that are not completed by June 21 will be returned to the department for processing in Oracle Procurement starting July 5. Departments are encouraged to use PCards for purchases during the blackout period.
To facilitate the transition process, we are working on identifying and defining concierge support services for UCR. These services are designed to assist you during stabilization and ensure that any questions or issues are resolved quickly. Concierge support will be available for activities such as budget management, contracts and grants, travel and expense, procurement, and financial reporting.
We understand Impact23 is a significant change, and we appreciate your cooperation in making this transition as smooth as possible. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Best Regards,
Gerry Bomotti
Vice Chancellor & Chief Financial Officer
Impact23 Executive Sponsor

Dr. Declan McCole
Professor & Academic Senate Vice Chair
Impact23 Executive Steering Committee