[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for the Week of April 3rd

Brendan OBrien brendan.obrien at ucr.edu
Wed Apr 5 11:31:38 PDT 2023

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

Dear Highlanders,

We hope you have had a wonderful Spring Break. The ASUCR Office of the President has initiated a partnership with Blueprint Test Prep. If you are a student that plans to take the MCAT or LSAT soon, please fill out this form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdVi_Qg0m2QdQQ9LOjuzxHOeZ8ertgU4wN77Hz5U8EdPGXoBw/viewform?fbclid=PAAaZnCFuDB_QHm_2jrOuGaBuY0KfpPaOaxOCf_iOGGT5M3z3KMPqcDXDXHS8>. The greater the number of sign-ups, the higher the discount! Please email asucrpresident at ucr.edu if you have any questions.

---

>From the Office of the Elections Director

Hello Highlanders!

Elections season is just heating up and we’re kicking it off with our Candidates Convention tomorrow ( 4/06 ) from 11 AM - 1:30 PM at HUB 302 North! Come and meet this year’s ASUCR  Candidates for the 2023-2024 school year. There’ll be free pizza, a raffle, and so much more! I hope to see you there.

[cid:249bb539-2669-4758-ab6b-4212119d36cb]

---

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE ALUMNI RELATIONS COMMITTEE

Are you interested in networking and getting involved on campus? We are currently recruiting members to serve on the Alumni Relations Committee. You will work with the Alumni Center on campus to host events and create connections with the student population.

Please fill out the following interest form:

https://forms.gle/FzQgVyVGEFU3bE3H6

---

>From the Office of the Elections Director

Hello Highlanders!

Are you interested in gaining ASUCR experience for just one quarter? Well, I have the perfect position for you! The Director of Marketing and Promotions position just opened up and YOU might just be the perfect person to fill it. This is a paid position and it'd just be for the Spring term. Applications close April 11, 2023 11:59 PM. Good luck!

Director of Marketing and Promotions Application<https://forms.gle/9BMaTaHYMmAzQceW9>

>From the Office of the Elections Committee

Hello Highlanders!

Elections season is here and the Elections Committee needs YOUR HELP! Apply to be a polling volunteer and help us ensure a fair elections season. Polling volunteers will receive a little gift of thanks by the end of the season! Applications close April 9, 2023 at 11:59 PM.

Polling Volunteers Application<https://forms.gle/4FhTzQhbjWnep4Ck8>

---

JOIN ASUCR EXTERNAL IN AN ART WALK WITH RIVERSIDE CITY COUNCIL MEMBER CLARISSA CERVANTES!

Hello Highlanders!

I am wishing you all the best during finals and a restful Spring Break! The ASUCR Office of External Affairs' Legislative Advocacy Committee invites you to our event "Art Walk with Riverside City Council Member Clarissa Cervantes". Council Member Cervantes represents Ward 2 of the City of Riverside which is home to UCR. She deeply cares for her community and always ensuring that R'Voices are heard. Council Member Cervantes is a muralist and has a deep passion for art and how it brings our community together.

We are very excited to be able to host an event with her revolving around the theme what R'City does for us alongside how to be civically engaged in city government. This event will be in the form of a discussion and will encompass some questions asked by students and an opportunity for members of the public to ask her questions.

After the discussion, you are invited to join us and Council Member Cervantes in taking the bus from UCR to Downtown Riverside to take part in the City Of Riverside Art Walk.

This event will be TOMORROW April 6th, 2023. Location will be provided upon confirmation of your RSVP after the deadline of this form closes. Only 50 seats are available.

Any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to ASUCRGRD at UCR.EDU

RSVP by 04/05/2023 at 12:00 PM NOON
RSVP Link: https://tinyurl.com/Cervantesartwalk

FOOD AND SNACKS WILL BE PROVIDED AT THE DISCUSSION

  *   DISCUSSION: 4-5 PM at UCR
  *   ART WALK: 5-8 PM at DOWNTOWN RIVERSIDE

Best Regards,

Angel Renteria (He/Him)

Government Relations Director

ASUCR Office of External Affairs

asucrgrd at ucr.edu

[image.png]

---

JOIN THE LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY COMMITTEE!

Hello Highlanders!

Do you see yourself representing UCR students in the nation's capitol, the State Capitol, or Riverside City Hall? You will be able to represent UCR students in all these spaces if you join the Legislative Advocacy Committee (formerly known as the Lobby Corps committee) as part of the ASUCR Office of External Affairs, no experience needed! Wel train all of our members and offer them the proper support and resources so they can be well-versed on legislative text and legislative processes. We get to meet with legislators at a local, state, and federal level, and we represent not only UCR, but students from the University of California, and our respective identities. University students should have a say in decisions and legislation that directly affects them, and by joining this committee you will be able to make impactful influences on legislators and decision making institutions. This year we are excited to announce that we will be focusing a handful of exciting campaigns revolving around housing, disability justice, divestment from the 30 meter telescope in Mauna Kea, and many more! Join our committee by using the link below! We accept applications on a rolling basis. Attendance is important, the more you attend our meetings, you will have a higher chance to be selected to lobby in person in Sacramento and/or Washington D.C. What are you waiting for? Apply today! You are also welcome to join us on Tuesdays in HUB 269 in odd number weeks!

Link: https://bit.ly/JoinASUCRGR

WE ACCEPT NEW MEMBERS ALL QUARTER!

asucrgrd at ucr.edu

BRENDAN O'BRIEN (he/him/his)

Assistant Dean of Students and Director, Highlander Union Building (HUB Operations)

Interim Executive Director, Associated Students of UCR

University of California, Riverside

900 University Ave.

HUB 353

Riverside, CA 92521

Phone: (951) 827-7859  |  Email: brendan.obrien at ucr.edu<mailto:brendan.obrien at ucr.edu>

Website: hub.ucr.edu | Twitter: @ucrhub

[cid:85d1889f-b085-4631-80ce-3e85da8ef67a]