[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for the Week of 8/21-8/25

Asha Nettles asha.nettles at ucr.edu
Wed Aug 23 08:57:46 PDT 2023

[signature_2819833611]

>From the ASUCR President:
Hello UCR Students,

Hope you're having a wonderful summer. My name is Ankita Ahluwalia and I'm serving as our ASUCR President for the 2023-2024 academic year. All of our ASUCR offices are excited to advocate, serve, and empower the student body by directly addressing student concerns. If you have any questions, feedback, or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at asucrpresident at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrpresident at ucr.edu> or fill out this Anonymous Feedback Form<https://tinyurl.com/ucrfeedback>.

As a result of the Supreme Court rulings made, our ASUCR representatives have worked diligently on the following statements in hopes of sharing helpful information and resources: Colorado Ruling<https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Z1gfVHs64jmD8tdH_R8ND72N8oB9ttmf6qIoyqo074/edit?usp=sharing>, Affirmative Action<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WgGRUdjZG_x6yAdNuQzpQs3ceu8ALnaAiObAwMJBJhU/edit?usp=sharing>, and Student Loan Forgiveness<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hOCno7_6Qw2oUTlh_-GaE_ewe1qPsTyHSTf_izqPmAM/edit?usp=sharing>.

We are here to support you. Please don't hesitate to reach out, thank you and take care.

Best,
Ankita Ahluwalia

________________________________
>From the ASUCR Office of Internal Affairs:

Hello Highlanders!

I hope you all are doing well. As you may know, applications<http://forms.gle/3tW5TEqZmwjJMhVw7> for the ASUCR Internal Affairs Office are now open! The Internal Affairs office strives to improve basic needs, work with academic affairs, and ensure a safe and inclusive campus community. We are looking for passionate, dedicated, and driven student leaders who are committed to making a difference here at UCR. Information about available positions can be found on the application form itself. Previous experience is not required, so we encourage everyone to apply! Applications are due September 10th by 11:59 pm. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. Thank you and good luck!

--

Ruhi Barman (She/Her)

Vice President of Campus Internal Affairs

Associated Students of UCR | ASUCR

Email: rbarm001 at ucr.edu<mailto:rbarm001 at ucr.edu>

>From the ASUCR Office of International Students:

ASUCR International Students Committee shall act as the body of ASUCR that is responsible for prioritizing and bringing to light International Student issues and resources. The purpose of the committee is to ensure the inclusion and participation of campus-wide activities and academics of international students. Creating an encouraging environment that allows students to become active members of the UC Riverside community. You can review the open positions and apply here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSesVvmjK4qBxci8lVdSZOKdI0UoomLzl2PvxPRgPhm2xLOzmw/viewform>! If you have any questions, you can contact me at asucrinternational at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrinternational at ucr.edu>.

Thanks!
Nadia Aierken, International Student Director

Asha Nettles (she/her/hers)
Executive Director, Associated Students UCR
University of California, Riverside

[signature_2819833611]