[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for the Week of 1/30

Brendan OBrien brendan.obrien at ucr.edu
Tue Jan 31 16:48:21 PST 2023

ASUCR INVITATION: Join Us For This Wednesday's Senate Meeting

Happy Week 4 Highlanders!

Please join us for our 4rd Senate Meeting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IrJmK3a0Amr_CofdJA43l8yvXQSq3yRUcZ2JXJvfyg0/edit?usp=share_link> of Winter '23, this Wednesday (Feb. 1), at 7:00pm in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221)! For more information about the previous Senate Meeting, please refer to this link<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yXbMeIsr7wWKAaIU49x_GRq0_a1Ywd5796HTZW8J1Sc/edit?usp=share_link>.

If you would like to voice a concern to ASUCR or speak during this week's meeting, please fill out this sign-up sheet<https://forms.gle/GgkVnt4Ww1S7TKHZ6> before the Senate Meeting! Feel to reach out if you have any questions!

---

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT

Hello Highlanders!

We hope you all are having an amazing week four. The Office of the Executive Vice President is looking for passionate students interested in being this year's Ethnic and Gender Programs Liaison or sitting as committee members on the Ethnic and Gender Programs Advisory Committee. If you are interested, the link to apply can be found HERE<https://forms.gle/aJ8J5XwDaGSscC8v7>.

If you have any questions, or concerns, feel free to reach out!

The Office of the Executive Vice President is currently accepting applications for this year's Events Director. If you are interested, you can apply with this LINK<https://forms.gle/SVquwhMk9Sf9iqRe6>. No prior experience is necessary!

If you have any questions, or concerns, feel free to reach out!

Sincerely,

Myra Usmani (she/her/hers)
Executive Vice President

asucrevp at ucr.edu

---

FROM THE OFFICE OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS

Have a housing horror story? Would you like the conditions in obtaining on-campus housing to be better? Fill out this<https://bit.ly/3HbPJvf> form and share your story on past and current conditions of housing at UCR! We deserve better living conditions

Form link: https://bit.ly/3HbPJvf

This is a form for those interested in giving testimony for bills relating to student housing and/or providing photos/videos on the conditions of student housing in the UC system. This is a part of the Fund the UC campaign housed within the University of California Student Association. The University of California Student Association is a system-wide student government centered around accessibility, affordability, and quality of the University of California system. Contact fundtheuc at ucsa.org for further inquiries.

All the best,

Amina Hearns (she/her)

Vice President of External Affairs, ASUCR

Chair, UC Student Association

------

FROM THE OFFICE OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS

HELLO, HIGHLANDERS!! The UC Student Association (UCSA) will be hosting its annual Student Lobby Conference in Sacramento from March 10-13th. If you are interested in voicing the concerns of UC students to elected representatives and lawmakers, apply today! Free travel and lodging!!

To apply: https://ucsa.org/slc23/

All the best,

Amina Hearns (she/her)

Vice President of External Affairs, ASUCR

Chair, UC Student Association

---
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE STUDENT VOICE COMMITTEE

Hello,

The Student Voice Committee has been looking into the usage of external third-party programs, where students pay out-of-pocket in order to access content relating to the course. Typically, these programs are utilized for laboratory or supplementary course work.

Therefore, the Student Voice Committee wishes to survey students on their views in terms of cost, importance in understanding class material, and more. By filling out this 2-5 minute survey, you are making your voice heard upon this important issue and entering into a raffle for a $20 Amazon Gift Card.

Survey Link: https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0j6Tj1gQQ2Jw2vs

If there are any questions relating to the survey, email asucrsvc at ucr.edu.

Sincerely,

Brian Gao

Student Voice Committee Vice Chair

---

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE TRANSFER STUDENT DIRECTOR

Hello Everyone, My name is Dionne Shelton and I am your Transfer Student Director of ASUCR ! The Transfer Student Committee is all about improving the Transfer Student Experience at ASUCR, we are currently looking for students who want to get more involved with our campus, gain leadership skills, & make new friends ! Here is the link for application: https://forms.gle/1MZ9THNELVLqduT89

The Transit & Commute committee is a committee focused on supporting students who use any type of transportation to access UCR's campus. We are currently looking for students to join this committee to help improve students who commute to campus experience. If you are a student who is looking to get involved and make a difference this is the committee for you !! Here is the link to the application https://forms.gle/3dnPVkUxxvc2362o9

If you have any questions, please email me at dshel007 at ucr.edu

BRENDAN O'BRIEN (he/him/his)

Assistant Dean of Students and Director, Highlander Union Building (HUB Operations)

Interim Executive Director, Associated Students of UCR

University of California, Riverside

900 University Ave.

HUB 353

Riverside, CA 92521

Phone: (951) 827-7859  |  Email: brendan.obrien at ucr.edu<mailto:brendan.obrien at ucr.edu>

Website: hub.ucr.edu | Twitter: @ucrhub

[cid:d1ae8f28-d2da-40d7-aa65-46f6cdf9e43e]