[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for the Week of June 5th

Brendan O'Brien brendan.obrien at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 7 11:52:09 PDT 2023

ASUCR INVITATION: Join Us For This Wednesday's Senate Meeting

Please join us for our last  Senate Meeting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QVWxbQlZ3E06LGTAHcZTY9_kC3KV2ZYPdi_OoO8iswA/edit?usp=share_link> of Spring '23, this Wednesday (June 7th), at 7:00pm in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221)! For more information about the previous meeting, please refer to this link<https://docs.google.com/document/d/12lYaEVf9HFYNJ_rAww73ud7YVNp-4ufzwit-rn1zve8/edit?usp=share_link>.

If you would like to voice a concern to ASUCR or speak during this week's meeting, please fill out this sign-up sheet<https://forms.gle/GgkVnt4Ww1S7TKHZ6> before the Senate Meeting! Feel to reach out if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Myra Usmani (she/her/hers)
Executive Vice President
asucrevp at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrevp at ucr.edu>

---

>From the Office of the Elections Director

Hi Highlanders,

Are you interested in getting PAID and INVOLVED in ASUCR for NEXT YEAR? If so, then apply to the SOE Senator position or the NON-TRADTIONAL Student director position. The applications close on June 10, 2023 at 11:59 PM. This is only open to undergraduate students. Good luck Highlanders!  ALL APPLICANTS WHO QUALIFY MUST ATTEND SENATE MEETING ON JUNE 16TH @ 6:30 PM IN PERSON.

SOE SENATOR APPLICATION<https://forms.gle/FUUqEYgV2w1Dr9s49>
NON-TRADITIONAL STUDENT DIRECTOR APPLICATION<https://forms.gle/g5ovQwg4owKMtG7G9> *must be considered a "non-traditional" student to apply

Are you interested in knowing more about ASUCR? Do you want to get involved in student government? Well then YOU should apply to the NEXT ELECTIONS DIRECTOR! The applications close on June 10, 2023 at 11:59 PM. This is only open to undergraduate students. Good luck Highlanders! ALL APPLICANTS WHO QUALIFY MUST ATTEND SENATE MEETING ON JUNE 16TH @ 6:30 PM IN PERSON.

ELECTIONS DIRECTOR APPLICATION<https://forms.gle/TUcZYjSqbqWdS2eq5>

For any questions feel free to email me at asucrelections at ucr.edu

Best,
Elizabeth Trinh

---

On Behalf of the ASUCR Office of Finance

Hello Highlanders,

The ASUCR Office of Finance has agreed to extend the requisition deadline to THIS FRIDAY, June 9th.  Please keep in mind the volume of reimbursements we are processing and we appreciate your patience.  Most reimbursements are processed via Zelle and there are daily limits.

Here are answers to common questions regarding the ASUCR policy and procedures.

  1.  Unused ASUCR funding DOES NOT rollover nor can it be withdrawn
  2.  “Summer expenses” can be submitted no later than October 31st, 2023 as long as the organization is activated for the 2023-24 academic year.  These expenses are for purchases made on or after July 1, 2023

If there are any further questions or concerns, please e-mail asucr at ucr.edu.

---

On Behalf of ASUCR and the Highlander Union Building

We are looking for students interested in the HUB and its operations to serve on the Highlander Union Governing Board for the 23-24 Academic year!

The Highlander Union Building Governing Board serves as an advisory to the Chancellor through the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs. The HUB Board consists of six undergraduate students, three graduate students, the ASUCR President, the GSA President, one faculty member, one staff member, the HUB Director (ex-officio non-voting) and the Chancellor or their designate (ex-officio non-voting). The student members are nominated by ASUCR and GSA and appointed by the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs. Student board members who participate in monthly meetings of the HUB Governing Board are eligible to receive a $200 stipend each month.

The HUB Board is responsible for approving facility operations policies, approving major capital improvement projects, providing comment on HUB Programming and responding to student inquiries about HUB operations. If interested, please fill out the application form<https://forms.gle/bsBcRR1tcQmbonFb8> by June 30th, 2023. ASUCR and GSA will review the applications and determine eligibility. Those selected will be notified by ASUCR or GSA.

If you have any questions, please email Assistant Dean of Students and the Director of HUB Operations, Brendan O'Brien, at brendan.obrien at ucr.edu.

---

ASUCR EXTERNAL IS HIRING!

Hello Highlanders!

Happy Week 10! I am wishing you the best ahead of this finals season, we are almost done! I am excited to share with you that the ASUCR Office of the Vice President of External Affairs is hiring for the 2023-24 academic year. We have a variety of different positions available including director and coordinator positions. ASUCR External Affairs represents UCR students, UC students, California students, and students across the nation to ensure that we are working towards making higher education accessible, attainable, and affordable, in conjunction with the UC Student Association and our advocacy efforts. I invite you all to apply to join our office as we search for passionate student leaders and advocates in which no prior student government or organizing experience is required! We have 12 month and 9 month positions available, and all staff descriptions and responsibilities are listed below. The deadline to apply for 12 month positions is June 23, 2023 11:59 PM and the deadline for 9 month positions is September 1, 2023 11:59 PM. If you have any questions please reach out to arent023 at ucr.edu<mailto:arent023 at ucr.edu>. Thank you and I look forward to working with you all!

Link: https://bit.ly/applyexternal23

Staff Descriptions and Responsibilities: Click Here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xNlEAAIaoD5P3VRIVQe2Nd1_cm2u-tMhznzb8bqU1q8/edit>

Best Regards,

Angel Renteria (He/Him)

Vice President of External Affairs Elect

ASUCR Office of External Affairs

arent023 at ucr.edu<mailto:arent023 at ucr.edu>

---

BRENDAN O'BRIEN (he/him/his)

Assistant Dean of Students and Director, Highlander Union Building (HUB Operations)

Interim Executive Director, Associated Students of UCR

University of California, Riverside

900 University Ave.

HUB 353

Riverside, CA 92521

Phone: (951) 827-7859  |  Email: brendan.obrien at ucr.edu<mailto:brendan.obrien at ucr.edu>

Website: hub.ucr.edu | Twitter: @ucrhub

[cid:98387f47-01f3-400d-a8d7-f7a843b09538]