[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for 1/15-1/19

Asha Nettles asha.nettles at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 17 15:05:43 PST 2024

[signature_2819833611]

>From the ASUCR Office of the President:

Hey Highlanders!

We hope the new quarter is treating you well. At ASUCR, we're committed to amplifying your voices, and so join us for a crucial Student Input Session on January 18th, where we're teaming up with UCR Health, Wellbeing, and Safety (HWS) to prioritize your needs and concerns. From 11am in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB221), we'll delve into essential topics such as Mental Health, Basic Needs, and Safety. This session aims to provide a comprehensive overview of all available HWS resources and initiatives.

Your voice matters, and this is your opportunity to actively shape the future of health, wellbeing, and safety on our campus. Whether you're seeking support or want to contribute ideas, all UCR students are welcome to participate. Let's come together, foster a safe and supportive environment, and ensure HWS initiatives align with the diverse needs of our student community. Mark your calendar for January 18th - we can't wait to see you there!

[IMG_8792.jpeg]

Warm Regards,

Shreya Jain
Student Outreach Coordinator (Office of the President)

________________________________
Calling all UCR Students! The UCR Chancellor's Research Fellowship and ASUCR Alumni Relations Committee is excited to invite you to attend our Graduate Student Roundtable on January 23rd, 2024 at 1-2pm in HUB 221 (ASUCR Senate Chambers).

Ever wondered about the fascinating journey grad students take to reach where they are now? Curious about the application process and seeking valuable advice? Look no further! Join us for an engaging discussion featuring grad students sharing their experiences, insights, and tips for undergrads. This is your chance to connect, learn, and be inspired by the incredible stories of your fellow Highlanders!

Don't miss out on this golden opportunity to gain valuable knowledge and network with R' incredible alumni! This roundtable discussion will focus on grad students' experience and journey to their current position, the application process, advice for undergraduate students, and more. We hope to see you all there!

[ASUCR x CRF Event Info (1).png]

Best,
Ankita Ahluwalia and Aracely Gonzalez
Chancellor's Research Fellows

________________________________
>From the Office of the President and International Students:

Calling all students!

As we start the winter quarter, the ASUCR Student Life and International Students Committee is excited to announce the ASUCR Global Fair! Mark your calendars for Friday, February 23rd, from 4-7pm, and join us at the Bell Tower to be immersed in performances, fashion shows, and more for your entertainment.

All cultures, organizations, and students are welcome to this event! Whether you're part of an organization or want to represent your culture, this fair is your stage. In the midst of the Winter quarter hustle, we hope that the global fair helps you unwind, so rest back and enjoy. If you would like to perform at the event, please fill out this form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkaQ343GrzODPEPzPZ099Ji-WYzZa0vvcQpWv7oEUEEMk0yQ/viewform> or email us at asucrpresident at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrpresident at ucr.edu>. We look forward to seeing you there!

[2.jpg]

Best,

Anjana Narasimhan and Shreya Jain

ASUCR BCOE Senator and Student Outreach Coordinator (Office of the President)

________________________________
FIND YOUR RESEARCH MATCH!

Hi Highlanders!

ASUCR would like to invite you to RSVP<https://forms.gle/QsvH76st7nY3ZaPH8> for our Research Expo Event "Find Your Research Match"! Join us at HUB 302 from 11-2:30 PM on February 14th in exploring paid research programs on campus and network with professors in your field. There will be free lunch provided so make sure to mark this on your calendar so you can stop by!

[Find Your Research Match (3).png]

________________________________
>From the Office of the External Vice President:

Hey Highlanders! We hope you're enjoying the start of the winter quarter! These are this week's announcements from the ASUCR External Office.

DECISION 2024 & THE ROAD TO 270

Hey Highlanders! It is now 2024 and it is a great time to start getting prepared for election day in November. Not only will we be voting on a new president but there are also very important local and state elections. Whether you are from the Inland Empire or not, it is still important to exercise your right to vote!

California Primaries : March 5, 2024
2024 General Election Day : November 5, 2024

REGISTER TO VOTE TODAY! : https://registertovote.ca.gov/?t=s

Vivian Herrera (she/her)

Civic Engagement Director | ASUCR External Affairs | ASUCRVOTES at UCR.EDU<mailto:ASUCRVOTES at UCR.EDU>

UCweVote Vice Chair | UC Student Association | UCWEVOTE at UCSA.ORG<mailto:UCWEVOTE at UCSA.ORG>

Associated Students of University of California, Riverside

________________________________

APPLY FOR LATINE LOBBY DAY

Hola Highlanders!

We invite all Latine-identifying students to apply to the first ever UC-Wide Latine Lobby Day hosted by the UC Student Association. This lobby day is meant to uplift the voices of Latine students across the UC since they make up a large portion of the University of California System. Apply today for the all expense paid trip to Sacramento from February 25th to the 26th 2024.

<goog_1053301610>
https://tinyurl.com/latinelobbyday
APPLICATION CLOSES 01/20/2024 11:59 PM

[Loteria LLD.png]

En Comunidad,

Ángel Rentería Enríquez | He/Him/His
Vice President of External Affairs
Associated Students of UC Riverside | ASUCR<https://asucr.ucr.edu/>
Email: asucrexternal at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrexternal at ucr.edu>
Let's Meet: Calendly<https://calendly.com/asucrvpea/1-on-1-with-vp-external-affairs>
[https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/mail-sig/AIorK4x1E2OzqCXi7qhPB7q7q7t9S1mCSBACybdwafzV3r6mpR2NoEO8CaRIAGJiGKTVgtxNfhTgrQo]

________________________________
DID YOU KNOW THAT UCR'S POLICE DEPARTMENT (UCPD) IS IN POSSESSION OF MILITARY-GRADE WEAPONS? SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH US!

Happy Week 2 Highlanders!

Please fill out this short survey to learn more and express your thoughts on this matter: https://forms.gle/EQRNjGNBj8D5fKUR6

Your responses will contribute to fostering a safe and inclusive environment on our campus. Let's work together to ensure that our community's values align with the equipment and tools utilized by our campus' police force.

Best,

Cooper Kumar (he/him)

Organizing Director of Campus Partnerships | ASUCR External Affairs

Organizing Director | UC Student Association

Associated Students of University of California, Riverside

For scheduling, contact ckuma010 at ucr.edu<mailto:ckuma010 at ucr.edu>

________________________________
JOIN THE CIVIC ENGAGEMENT COMMITTEE

Hey Highlanders! Want to help register students to vote and educate them on being civically engaged outside of voting? Join the Civic Engagement committee today! We are also hiring for a Education and Programming Coordinator so please reach out to ASUCRVOTES at UCR.EDU<mailto:ASUCRVOTES at UCR.EDU> if you have any questions?

APPLY TODAY<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSftHUZ5AmodmH8TfxwKl5ZrgAPDaXCbivTbkGWhyoF99BahNQ/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&flr=0>: (DUE 01/25 11:59 PM)

Sincerely,

Vivian Herrera (she/her)

Civic Engagement Director | ASUCR External Affairs | ASUCRVOTES at UCR.EDU<mailto:ASUCRVOTES at UCR.EDU>

UCweVote Vice Chair | UC Student Association | UCWEVOTE at UCSA.ORG<mailto:UCWEVOTE at UCSA.ORG>

Associated Students of University of California, Riverside

Want to get involved in student advocacy? Join ASUCR External! Reach out to asucradvocacy at ucr.edu<mailto:asucradvocacy at ucr.edu> to learn more.

[Black and Pink Colorful Maximalist Career Development Bootcamp Poster.png]

[signature_2819833611]