[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for 1/22-1/26

Asha Nettles asha.nettles at ucr.edu
Wed Jan 24 09:57:47 PST 2024

[signature_2819833611]

>From the Office of ASUCR Elections Director:
Howdy Highlanders!

The Elections Candidacy Application deadline has been EXTENDED to FEBRUARY 9th at 11:59 pm. Don't pass up on this opportunity to be a part of ASUCR and represent the needs and voices of UCR students. Become a part of the most well-known on-campus organization and ignite positive change on campus!

Never campaigned before? First time running? No problem! The ASUCR Elections Committee is committed to providing adequate resources and training for all candidates to provide all students with an accessible and positive campaign experience. Receive basic training in marketing, public speaking, and more!

Don't pass up on this opportunity-- APPLY TODAY! <https://forms.gle/q5kM4MZeE1f4iTg97>
Send comments, questions, or concerns to Elections Director Alexandra Arias aaria043 at ucr.edu<mailto:aaria043 at ucr.edu>

[1.png]
[2.png]
[3.png]

Follow for more updates on Instagram @asucr_elections
--
Alexandra Arias (she/her/ella)
Elections Director | Associated Students of UCR

________________________________
>From the Office of President Pro Tempore:
Hi Highlanders!

Hope you are all having a good day. Legislative Review Committee is an ASUCR committee that oversees all legislation being sent to the Senate. Meetings are held from 3-4 PM on Fridays on Zoom. All students submitting legislation are welcome to come.

If you are wondering what legislation is, we have an infographic explaining more info!

[c4d3974367e74d4291926909d55f372c.jpeg]
If you have any piece of legislation that you would like sent please submit it in this link<https://forms.gle/uLUdhncS9ZttsVbu7>. or have ideas feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to answer any questions, comments, or concerns.

LRC also keeps track of all legislation being passed with the Legislation Tracker Sheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Ugv5zZfJYu068j0Y0ZO1Z-_cmj0epOb5WPsdO0L24o/edit#gid=2001696936>. This will keep track of the progress of legislation as it passes from LRC to the Senate floor, alongside the vote counts, authors, and summaries for each one. We hope this helps with transparency and gives good insight to what the Senate does each week.

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email me at achoy012 at ucr.edu<mailto:achoy012 at ucr.edu> or come to my office hours at the ASUCR office. Have a great day!

Abby Choy (she/her/hers)
President Pro Tempore & CNAS Senator
>From the Office of the ASUCR Vice President of Finance:
Hello Highlanders,

Happy week 3, I hope everyone is having a wonderful Wednesday. The office of the Vice President of Finance is hosting a collaborative event with the UCR Accounting Society and is having an open event with Deloitte completely FREE. Please stop by and learn more about the accounting field tomorrow.

Event Information