[Faculty] Call for Nominations Doctoral Dissertation Advisor/Mentor Award

Cindy Cardenas cynthia.cardenas at ucr.edu
Tue Mar 30 12:07:33 PDT 2021

Dear Graduate Students, Faculty, and Graduate Advisors:

Being a good mentor to our graduate students is one of the most important parts of our jobs as professors.  It is a contribution to our students and our graduate programs that deserves recognition. To that end, Graduate Council and the Graduate Division are now accepting nominations for the 2021 Doctoral Dissertation Advisor/Mentoring Award. The recipient will be recognized at the Commencement Ceremony and receive a prize of $1000.

All UCR ladder-rank faculty members are eligible for the award.  Letters of nomination are invited from current and former graduate students, faculty, and advisors.  To be considered for the award, a faculty member must receive at least one letter of nomination.  Letters should indicate specifically what makes the nominee an outstanding mentor and why he or she should receive the award this year.  Nominees of previous years will require re-nomination to be considered by this year's committee.

The nominations will be reviewed by a faculty committee composed of members of the Graduate Council.  The committee will take into consideration not only the quality and number of letters of recommendation received but also the number of students the faculty has mentored and whether the nominee has a long history of effective mentoring.  If a nominee came to UCR midway through his or her career, the committee will consider the entire career but will emphasize the mentoring of UCR students. If letters of recommendation were received last year for a faculty member who is being re-nominated this year, the committee will consider those letters (on file in the Graduate Division), as well.

Please complete the nomination form by following this link:  https://form.jotform.com/50605483789971. Nominations should be received no later than Monday, April 19, 2021.

Emma Wilson, Ph.D.
Professor of Biomedical Sciences
Associate Dean of the Graduate Division
University of California - Riverside

Cynthia Cardenas
Executive Assistant to the Dean
Graduate Division
University of California, Riverside
(951) 827-6119
cindyc at ucr.edu
www.graduate.ucr.edu<http://www.graduate.ucr.edu>

[cid:08a57495-0175-4afd-b367-63aa6954d632]

Due to the COVID-19 virus, our office will be working remotely as of March 16, 2020 until further notice.  However, I am still available to assist you and will respond to emails and voicemail as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.