[Faculty] Faculty Led Education Abroad Program (FLEAP) Info Sessions

Rob McKee rmckee at ucr.edu
Wed Aug 2 11:39:43 PDT 2023

Hello Everyone,

I hope the summer has been both productive and rejuvenating.

My name is Rob McKee, Assistant Professor of Teaching and the Campus
Faculty Director of Education Abroad at UCR. Please read the message below
if you are interested in learning how to develop and run a FLEAP. These are
a great way to take a small group of students abroad and round out your
teaching portfolio.

 I am writing to invite you to attend our upcoming talks and social hours.
At these sessions, we'll tell you about how you can lead a program to
another country.

<https://international.ucr.edu/abroad/fleap-become-faculty-member>

<https://international.ucr.edu/abroad/fleap-become-faculty-member>

The sessions will take place on the following dates:

*SEPTEMBER 2023*

   - *Fri, 09/15,* 3-5:00 pm: Faculty Leader Summer Social Hour at El
      Patron in downtown Riverside
      - *Tue, 09/26,* 11:00 am: How to Lead a Faculty-Led Education Abroad
      Program at Skye Hall 334

*OCTOBER 2023*

   - *Tue, 10/03*, 10:00 am: All About Money: Grants, Scholarships, Program
      Fees, and Travel Expenses at Skye Hall 334
      - *Wed, 10/11*, 3-5:00 pm: Worldfest Mixer with third-party providers
      at The Barn patio
      - *Wed, 10/18*, 2:00 pm: How to Lead a Faculty-Led Education Abroad
      Program at Skye Hall 334
   - *NOVEMBER 2023*
      - *Tue, 11/07*, 11:00 am: How to Recruit Students and Market FLEAP
      Programs at Skye Hall 334
      - *Thur, 11/16*, 11:00 am: How to Lead a Faculty-Led Education Abroad
      Program at Skye Hall 334
   - *DECEMBER 2023*
      - *Wed, 12/06*, 3:00 pm: How to Lead a Faculty-Led Education Abroad
      Program at Skye Hall 334
      - *Tue, 12/12*, 2-4:00 pm: Faculty Leader Social Hour at Arcade
      Coffee Roasters in Canyon Crest

All on-campus talks will be held in *Skye Hall room 334* on the third
floor. Hot drinks will be provided. The social hours and mixer will be on
and off campus.

Please let us know which session you plan to attend by responding to this
email. We look forward to seeing you there!

Questions? Email me (rmckee at ucr.edu)  or Sonja Lind, the Assistant Director
of Education Abroad, at (sonjal at ucr.edu). You can also visit our faculty
leader webpage at
https://international.ucr.edu/abroad/fleap-become-faculty-member.

Sincerely,
Rob

--
Prof. Rob McKee
Pronouns: he/him/his

217 Materials Science and Engineering, Rm 0239
Riverside, CA 92521
Phone: 1 (951) 827-4914