[Faculty] UCR Postdoc Awards for Excellence

GradAwards gradawards at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 28 11:56:55 PST 2023

Dear Faculty, Postdocs and Students

As UCR continues to grow, as does our postdoc community. These individuals are an integral part of our research efforts and frequently play important roles as mentors, teachers and links to our communities. A focused and productive postdoctoral scholar is a key component of many research facilities conducting skilled experiments, technical support in the lab and field and providing graduate students with near-peer mentorship. This part of the UCR community should be celebrated.
Therefore, in partnership with the Riverside Postdoctoral Association (RPA), the Graduate Division and the Office of Research would like to recognize our postdoctoral scholars with a new set of awards aimed at recognizing excellence in research, mentorship and service.

UCR Postdoc Awards for Excellence
The Graduate Division, the Office of Research and the Riverside Postdoc Association is pleased to announce the call for the first annual Postdoc Awards for Excellence. This award honors postdocs who have demonstrated excellence in research, mentorship and service to the community.
The awards will consist of a plaque and a $1000 check to be awarded at the Graduate Division’s Award Ceremony in May.
We are seeking nomination letters from department chairs, faculty, students, and postdocs in support of an excellent individual in your area.
Eligibility Criteria

  *   Be a current postdoc at UCR and have held the position for at least 6 months in any of UCR’s departments and must be holding the position at the time of application.
  *   Work described must have taken place while at UCR.
  *   Additional service to the community does not have to be associated with UCR
How to Apply

  *   Submit a research statement describing your research achievements.
  *   Submit a personal statement to include activities such as mentorship, philosophy on diversity and outreach activities.
  *   Statements are a maximum 2 pages, 1 inch margin, 12pt Arial, single space.
  *   Submit a CV (NIH biosketch or NSF formatting allowed).
  *   Letters of support from UCR mentor and/or mentees, such as current or former students should address how the mentoring relationship provided training or boosted their professional development, and describe the positive impact on their own scholarship and well-being. We encourage the authors to use specific examples in their letter.
  *   Please submit applications and letters using this link: https://form.jotform.com/230466432058959

We look forward to receiving your nominations!

Best wishes,

Emma

 Emma H. Wilson
Associate Dean of the Graduate Division