[Faculty] Panel Discussion: Impact of Generative AI | Friday, October 13

Cristina Sanford csanford at engr.ucr.edu
Thu Sep 28 16:43:11 PDT 2023

Sent on behalf of Dean Christopher Lynch

Dear Faculty,

On Friday, October 13, the BCOE Council of Advisors<https://www.engr.ucr.edu/connect/advisory-boards> will host a session on generative AI and its impact on education and industry.

We will have an opening presentation from David Key, a member of our Council of Advisors, followed by a panel discussion with professors Paea LePendu<https://profiles.ucr.edu/app/home/profile/paealp> and Yue Dong<https://profiles.ucr.edu/app/home/profile/yued> (Computer Science and Engineering).

We aim to explore the fundamental questions:

  *   How do we integrate this technology into educating our students?
  *   How do we support our students in being proficient and ethical in using this technology?
  *   How will generative AI affect faculty research and industry?

I invite you and/or other members of your college/department to join us.

When: Friday, October 13, 10 am-12 pm

Where: Bourns Technology Center Auditorium, 1190 Columbia Ave., Riverside, CA

Please be sure to RSVP directly to Elliot Emmer (Elliot.emmer at ucr.edu<mailto:Elliot.emmer at ucr.edu>) if you or your team/department members can join.

Sincerely,

Chris

Prof. C.S. Lynch

Dean, Bourns College of Engineering

UC Riverside

PS - immediately after the session, we will unveil the new Cadillac Lyriq that our EcoCAR team will redesign.