[Students] Winter Break Resources

Deanofstudents deanofstudents at ucr.edu
Thu Dec 17 14:00:03 PST 2020

Dear Highlanders,

Before we embark on the winter break, we’d like to take a moment and reflect on the past year. We know 2020 has been nothing short of interesting; however, it has given us the strength and res​iliency we all need now, more than ever.

We hope each of you and your loved ones are staying safe and healthy. It can be difficult for many of us as we break from tradition and celebrate the holidays alone or with smaller family gatherings. Please keep in mind your own safety and well-being remain the top priority.

Our goal is to ensure our students, staff, and faculty remain safe in this remote environment and are provided the resources and services to do this. We hope you utilize the services offered to all students.

Many of you are the firsts to overcome obstacles and break barriers. Pursuing an education during a pandemic is another obstacle you will overcome. Working through this specific challenge may require that we all utilize our resources to ensure success.

UCR Campus and COVID-19 Resources & Information:

  *   Counseling & Psychological Services<https://counseling.ucr.edu/> – Get free, professional, and confidential mental health support.
  *   Basic Needs<https://basicneeds.ucr.edu/> - Assists with providing emergency food support, emergency financial assistance through the economic crisis response team (ECRT).

  *   The Well<https://well.ucr.edu/> – COVID-19 wellness kits and masks are available to all students.
  *   Student Health Services<https://studenthealth.ucr.edu/> – On-campus and off-campus guidance and resources for students experiencing health concerns.
  *   Environmental Health & Safety’s Coronavirus Webpage<https://ehs.ucr.edu/> – Campus updates, cases, research, return to work protocols, and wellness checks.
  *   Campus Return<https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/> – Campus plans/phases, COVID-19 testing lab, and return-to-campus guide.
  *   AskUCR<https://ask.ucr.edu/> – Registration and records, managing costs, housing and health, student involvement, and learning support.

  *   University of California<https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/coronavirus> – Systemwide updates and resources.

Off-Campus COVID-19 Resources & Information:

  *   Riverside University Health System<https://www.rivcoph.org/coronavirus> – Cases, statewide activities, and toolkits for specific individuals and industries.

  *   Community Connect<https://connectriverside.org/coronavirus2019> – Dial 2-1-1 for COVID-19 updates and referrals for food, shelter, and health-related issues.
  *   COVID19.ca.gov<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/colleges-universities/index.html> – Track cases, access videos, and view the county map to see what’s open.
  *   Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Facts about COVID-19<https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html> – How to protect yourself and what to do if you’re sick.
  *   World Health Organization (WHO)<https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019> – Public and travel advice, country/technical guidance, and media resources.

If you have any questions, please email deanofstudents at ucr.edu<mailto:deanofstudents at ucr.edu> or refer to the Student Affairs COVID-19 resource page<https://studentaffairs.ucr.edu/covid-19> for the latest updates. Please remember we are here for each of you during these unique times.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Best Regards,

Dr. Christine Mata                           Dr. Denise Woods

Associate Vice Chancellor              Assistant Vice Chancellor

and Dean of Students                     Health, Counseling, & Wellness