[Students] ASUCR UPDATE: Message From the President, Committee Members Needed, and Senate Meeting

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 3 17:00:03 PST 2020

MESSAGE FROM THE ASUCR PRESIDENT:

Highlanders!

The 2020 elections that have taken away across the United States have proven to be contentious and a historical moment that will influence our way of life for years to come.

The opportunity to voice your opinion, beliefs, and stances is the beauty of democracy; however, this 2020 election, especially during a global pandemic, has created a distraction and mental drainage from our day-to-day tasks.

The Associated Students of the University of California, Riverside, wants to ensure that all students are able to engage civically while nourishing proper mental health. This election can spark emotions and feelings that challenge our well-being.

UCR’s counseling and psychological services (CAPS) provide great resources that can help you post-election. The ASUCR encourages all students to use these services should you need it.

Please email asucr at ucr.edu if you would like more resources or help.

Let’s lookout for one another as fellow Highlanders and stay safe and healthy!

Luis Huerta, President

Associated Students, UCR

asucrpresident at ucr.edu

JOIN THE ASUCR TRANSFER/NON-TRADITIONAL COMMITTEE:

Hello Fellow Highlanders,

My name is Kaitylyn Hall and I am the incoming Transfer/Non-Traditional Student Director for the Associated Students of UC Riverside (ASUCR)! The Transfer/Non-Traditional Committee is a leadership body aimed at advocating and ensuring a smoother transition for the Transfer and Non-Traditional community at UCR. Currently, our office is looking for engaged students on campus to fill positions within our committee. I highly encourage you all to learn more about our duties and visit our bylaws. Additional information is also provided on the application form!

Here is the link to apply: https://forms.gle/7FrGrQyQ3sDecfXCA

Deadline: November 13th, 2020 @ 5 pm

Please feel free to email me at asucrtransfer at ucr.edu if you have any questions or concerns. I'm excited to see your applications!

Warmest Regards,

Kaitylyn Hall | She/Her/Hers

Transfer and Non-Traditional Student Director

Associated Students of UC Riverside | ASUCR

Email: asucrtransfer at ucr.edu

SENATE MEETING TONIGHT:

Hello Highlanders!

Today we will be having our 5th Senate Meeting at 6:30 pm! To sign up for Public Forum/Comment, fill out the form which you can find where it says The Office of Executive Vice President Links (below)! You can also look at what Senators have been doing for the past 5 weeks by the same link! If you are not able to attend, do not worry! Senate Meetings are recorded and posted on the link as well! The zoom meeting link is also attached!

Special Elections for Elections Director is also today at 8 pm! Same thing as aforementioned - fill out the form attached to the link! Again it will be recorded if you are unable to attend! The zoom link is also attached!

You can also access everything on our Instagram page @asucrevp! If you have any questions or concerns please email me at asucrevp at ucr.edu. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Links

Best Regards,

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

READ THE HIGHLANDER NEWSPAPER – LINK HERE:

Hi Highlanders! Issue 05 of The Highlander is here! To read about a viral video showcasing a UCR professor’s behavior that sparked student claims that she is hostile and degrading in class, Election Day efforts by UCR organizations and departments, and more, click here!

Amani Mahmoud

Editor-in-Chief, Highlander Newspaper

editorinchief at highlandernews.org

Associated Students, UC Riverside