[Students] Welcome Back Highlanders!

Vcsa vcsa at ucr.edu
Mon Oct 5 09:50:36 PDT 2020

Dear Highlanders,
I'd like to welcome you to fall quarter at UC Riverside! This will be a quarter unlike anything we've previously experienced. But, the good news is we are all in this together. I hope you are looking forward to an exciting quarter filled with many opportunities for collaboration, new connections, and academic success.
While much of the campus remains in a remote environment, the Division of Student Affairs is available to support your needs. We are committed to ensure every student remains safe, healthy, and productive during these unique times. Your educational journey at UCR is our priority and remains the foundation to our success.
Please explore our virtual services at vcsa.ucr.edu<https://studentaffairs.ucr.edu/>. You will find a variety of resources and services, including our Ethnic and Gender Centers, Student Life, Dean of Students, Associated Students, Graduate Students Association, Student Health Services, Student Recreation Center, and much more.
Please note that all in-person on-campus events have been suspended and will follow a remote platform until further notice.  Student Organizations may not organize any in-person meetings, events, or other gatherings, either on-campus or off-campus while COVID-19 safety precautions are in place. You can review this information on the Student Life<https://studentlife.ucr.edu/get-involved-start-student-organization> website. For further information on gatherings and campus operations, you can review this information here.<https://insideucr.ucr.edu/announcements/2020/03/10/academic-continuity-and-campus-operations-related-covid-19>
For those of you in need of face coverings, the Well is providing COVID-19 Wellness Kits that include face coverings, hand sanitizer, stress ball, sleep kit, and more to support your well-being. To secure your Wellness Kit, fill out a request form<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=xCpim6aGnUGbnr-zP0XAVNbLu92uYVFMhLWk5JiE1LRUN1NDSFM1WUVPRU1RVjYxR0tPT1lOSUhaUC4u>.
We all have the power to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and ensure our family, friends, and loved ones remain safe and healthy.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about Student Affairs, please email vcsa at ucr.edu<mailto:vcsa at ucr.edu>.
I wish you all the best this quarter, and I can't wait to see what you will accomplish here at UCR!
Take care and stay safe.
Best Regards,
BRIAN L. HAYNES, PH.D.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs