[Students] ASUCR Update: Surveys, Events & Information

Laurie Sinclair laurie.sinclair at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 6 18:12:42 PDT 2021

ACADEMIC ADVISING SURVEY - WIN GIFT CARDS!!!! (Reminder):

Hello Highlanders!

The Student Voice Committee (SVC) will be raffling off Gift Cards to Amazon!!!!

All you need to do is complete a short survey sharing your thoughts about how your experience with your academic advisor(s) has been throughout your time at UCR, in-person and/or remotely, from scheduling appointments all the way to receiving guidance from your advisor(s) and acting upon it.

The goal of this survey is to analyze the various aspects of your academic advising experience so that we can understand in greater detail how UCR can better enhance your experience with your academic advisor(s) in the future.

Your feedback in this survey will be very important to ensuring that you and fellow students like yourself can gain the most out of their academic advising experience, especially as in-person instruction returns this Fall.

We strongly encourage you to complete this survey, regardless of whether or not you will be returning for the 2021-2022 academic school year as it will allow for future students and cohorts to have the successful educational experience they aspire to have while at UCR.

As a kind reminder, please make sure to complete the questionnaire by NEXT Wednesday, April 14th, at 11:59 PM PDT in order to get your name in the raffle on time.

The link to the survey can be found right here: https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0TFK6B1C72R4vk2.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>.

Best regards,

Mark Hanin
Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee
asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>

ELECTIONS:  YOU’RE INVITED TO THE LEGISLATIVE CONVENTION!

Hey Highlanders,

Happy Elections season! To kick things off, the Elections Committee is hosting a first ever LEGISLATIVE CONVENTION (Thursday, April 8 at 7pm) where you can chat directly with candidates running to support you and your college as a Senator in ASUCR! We will be giving away (15) $100 gift cards to those who attend, so be sure to register<https://ucr.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0qdOusrjwrHdxPsn0JjK14bN-Z0eXOG1qg>. For more details, check out our Instagram (@asucr_elections). We can't wait to see you all there!

Lama Yassine (She/Her/Hers)
2020-2021 ASUCR Elections Director
asucrelections at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrelections at ucr.edu>

GCAP:  VIRTUAL SUSTAINABILITY FAIR!

Hi Highlanders! Make sure you are following GCAP (Green Campus Action) on Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/gcapucr/> to be up to date on our giveaways. Starting April 19, 2021, to April 25, 2021, we will be having our Virtual Sustainability Fair where we will be giving away tons of free eco-products and e-gift cards!

Highlanders, do you want to learn the truth about how plastic affects our waterways? Have you ever been skeptical of the ways we “protect” our oceans? We are asking our fellow Highlanders to participate in a short study on encouraging environmental behavior among college students.

If you’d like to learn more about how to participate and better protect our earth, please follow this li<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_74FvHMkK8MwNXLL>
 <https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_74FvHMkK8MwNXLL>
nk<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_74FvHMkK8MwNXLL> (to our interest survey) or scan the QR code on our flyer. Please complete the above form as soon as possible if you would like to help with our study.
Please direct any questions or comments to  lkoll001 at ucr.edu<mailto:lkoll001 at ucr.edu> or find us on twitter @truth_ucr. Thank you for your consideration!

Warm wishes,

Vanessa Gomez-Alvarado

She/Her/Hers

ASUCR VP of Sustainability 2020-2021

RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS OBSERVING RAMADAN:

Hey Highlanders!

We know that Ramadan is just around the corner so we just wanted to wish you an early Ramadan Mubarak!

We understand how Ramadan can cause a huge shift in the day to day activities of Muslims, and you have a right to request and receive reasonable religious accommodations from your instructors. Please feel free to check out this PowerPoint presentation <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1zS4cf8gLuuLPVwvWZNhwmXA-ys_v78781p66SdN97tE/edit#slide=id.g35f391192_00> created by the Muslim Student Association, with instructions on how to request reasonable academic accommodations for religious purposes for Ramadan and other religious events.

If you are currently residing on campus and need access to meals for suhoor time, Glasgow and Lothian will be providing pre-packaged meals<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZdlo7NceJtSFKXEUC3IxddoddVe6DGPbSjHHXYDJs8/edit?usp=sharing>.

In order to learn more about Ramadan and to support your Muslim peers, please check out: this Ramadan information flyer<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nSmFttAUwzLnubjo4uwAHd-T52Uub2QiR4j5ScJkXaw/edit> and this article that answers any questions you may have about Ramadan<https://www.vox.com/2017/5/25/11851766/what-is-ramadan-2019-start-date-muslim-islam-about>.

Thank you for your time and have a great rest of your week.

Best Regards,

Zara Ali (SPP Senator)

Mufida Assaf (CHASS Senator)

Orlando Cabalo (President Pro Tempore)

Melanie Grigorian (CHASS Senator)

Samia Alkam (Community Outreach Coordinator, MESC)

Associated Students, UC Riverside
202 Highlander Union (HUB)
900 University Avenue
Riverside, CA. 92521