[Students] ASUCR Update - Get Involved!

Laurie Sinclair laurie.sinclair at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 27 17:21:12 PDT 2021

STUDENT VOICE COMMITTEE PERSONNEL DIRECTOR APPLICATION - APPLY TO BECOME THE NEXT PERSONNEL DIRECTOR (2021-2022)

Hello Highlanders!

My name is Mark Hanin and I am the Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee. I am reaching out to all Highlanders to invite them to be a part of our committee's board next year by applying to become the next Personnel Director for the Student Voice Committee for the 2021-2022 academic school year.

The Personnel Director is responsible for all aspects of internal affairs related to the Student Voice Committee. This includes but is not limited to: scheduling weekly committee meetings, developing a welcoming culture among all committee members through socials and fun activities and much more. The Personnel Director is also there to support individual committee members throughout their time in the committee through counseling, coaching, and disciplining.

If interested, please view the attached PDF document labeled "Student Voice Committee Personnel Director - Duties and Responsibilities" containing a full description of the duties and responsibilities for the position. In addition to that, feel free to view the application found right below and apply to become the next Personnel Director by completing the application.

The link to the application can be found right here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUwyJ8oK9FOAv6JxTkesClpR2d_CXWE1nRcSynA9cO2P6xWg/viewform.

Applications are due by NEXT Wednesday, May 5th, at 11:59 PM PDT.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>.

Best Regards,

Mark Hanin
Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee
asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>

STUDENT CONVERSATIONS AND GROUP CHATS SURVEY + VOLUNTEER CASE STUDY OPPORTUNITY - WIN GIFT CARDS!!!! (Final Reminder):

Hello Highlanders!

The Student Voice Committee (SVC) will be raffling off Gift Cards to Amazon and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!!!!

All you need to do is complete a short survey sharing your thoughts about your experience with using Group Chats and what improvements you hope to see in Group Chat usage moving forward.

In addition to completing the survey and choosing to participate in the raffle, there will be an opportunity to be a part of an additional personalized case study associated with the survey. The purpose of the case study will be to gather information on your experiences with Group Chat services ever since course instruction shifted to being remote and how you personally view Group Chat usage.
As a kind reminder, please make sure to complete the survey by TONIGHT at 11:59 PM PDT in order to get your name in the raffle on time.

The link to the survey can be found right here: https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ah4ViQESAoynzxk.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>.

Best regards,

Mark Hanin
Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee
asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>

UCR COMMUNICATION SERVICES PLATFORMS GOOGLE FORM - WIN GIFT CARDS!!! (Final Reminder):

Hello Highlanders!

My name is Mark Hanin and I am the Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee (SVC).

Ever since course instruction has shifted to being remote over the last year, many UCR students have come to rely on and utilize many different communication services platforms to address their concerns or to simply reach out to other individuals. From Zoom to Discord to GroupMe and many other platforms, UCR students have become more comfortable and adjusted to understanding how to utilize such platforms.

With in-person instruction expected to return this Fall, many changes in communication services are expected to follow. That is why allowing for UCR students like yourself to explain what worked best for you while course instruction was remote for a little over a year will allow UCR to best understand which communication services to retain come this Fall.

With that, you are highly encouraged to complete the following Google Form indicating which communication services platform(s) you prefer for the different kinds of inquiries and concerns you may have as a UCR student.

As a kind reminder, please make sure to complete the Google Form by TONIGHT at 11:59 PM PDT in order to get your name in the raffle on time.

The link to the Google Form can be found right here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf1LgMR-ka3PSW_x5JojhIxEorju1hjauAkwcSYJ4p7GA1hrQ/viewform.

Completion of this Google Form earns you one additional entry as part of our raffle for Gift Cards to Amazon and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts under the Student Conversations and Group Chats Survey.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>.

Best regards,

Mark Hanin
Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee
asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>

YOU’RE INVITED: WEEK 5 SENATE MEETING:

Hello Highlanders!

Today we will be having our 5th Senate Meeting at 6:30 pm!<webextlink://Today%20we%20will%20be%20having%20our%205th%20Senate%20Meeting%20at%206:30%20pm!> To sign up for Public Forum/Comment, look at the agenda, legislation, finance hearing meeting minutes, and recordings use the link below! You can also look at what Senators have been doing for the past 5 weeks by the link mentioned above!

You can also access everything on our Instagram page @asucrevp! If you have any questions or concerns please email me at asucrevp at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrevp at ucr.edu>. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Links<https://linktr.ee/asucrevp/>

Best Regards,

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

CALLING ALL STUDENT ORGS (CHASS TOWN HALL)

Hey Highlanders! Is your student organization interested in being a part of this quarter's CHASS Town Hall? If so, fill out this Google Form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDBHokK3I5eI0nh2yvHKDS1zlpY1RtFa6hij7S5x5_YUKoeg/viewform?usp=sf_link> to submit a request and help CHASS Senators plan the Town Hall. The deadline is 05/03/2021 at 11:59 pm.

Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeDBHokK3I5eI0nh2yvHKDS1zlpY1RtFa6hij7S5x5_YUKoeg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Best Regards,
Orlando Cabalo
President ProTempore

APPLY FOR THE RJN GRANT TO FUND YOUR STUDENT ORG ADVOCACY!

Hello Highlanders,

HAPPY WEEK FOUR! I am excited to announce the annual RJN! grant<https://drive.google.com/file/d/16tPxE670_IuuYkPICufCvF2TcDNU8FPu/view?usp=sharing>. This grant is aimed to be an award for community organizations that have achieved outstanding work for the community they identify with, or their campus community in general. The Racial Justice Now! (RJN) Grant's goal is to uplift and empower the marginalized voices that proudly exist within the UC Campuses and beyond; to support them in their racial/ethnic justice advocacy. This grant is one way we intend to carry out that goal. Individuals and organizations may apply this cycle.

The amounts being offered range from $100-5000! Application deadline is May 3rd, 11:59 pm. Please circulate this grant widely to your connections as we are very excited to fund on the ground efforts to empower the community. If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to reach out.

Monday, May 3rd: RJN Grant Application<https://forms.gle/c4ABk8VvVvYnpfCA7> due.

GRANT GUIDELINES:

Any UC Student may apply.

Money may not be used for travel or food.

Provided budgets are required for organizations to be considered for this grant.

*Upon the conclusion of the project, grant recipients must present a summary of the use of funds to the UCSA Board.

https://bit.ly/rjngrant21

All the best,

Naomi C. Waters | She/Her/Hers

Racial Justice Now Vice-Chair