[Students] ASUCR Update: Get Involved in Your Undergraduate Student Government!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Aug 24 17:08:24 PDT 2021

JOIN THE ASUCR EXTERNAL CIVIC ENGAGEMENT COMMITTEE:

Hey Highlanders!
Are you interested in leading campus initiatives, encouraging students to vote, learning about policies, and serving your community?

The 2021-2022 ASUCR Civic Engagement Committee’s mission is to get students involved in nonpartisan work, voting rights, community engagement, and local government. With the upcoming election, we need YOU to get involved and lead the way to the polls. In the last election, UC Riverside was a winner of the California Secretary of State’s Ballot Bowl, and this year we need to keep up the momentum! Civic Engagement Committee applications are open for all undergraduates.

Applications close for executive positions on August 25th at 11:59 pm and on September 1st at 11:59 pm for general members. Get involved now and apply at tinyurl.com/cecfall

In solidarity,
Jaelyn Gonzalez (she/her/ella)
Civic Engagement Director
Office of ASUCR External Affairs
asucrvotes at ucr.edu

POSITIONS AVAILABLE – APPLY NOW:

Hi Highlanders,

I hope you are all doing well and having a restful summer! This message is a friendly reminder that the Office of the Executive Vice President and the Senate Internship Program applications will be due this Friday, August 27th, at 11:59 PM. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.

Thank you, and have a great rest of your summer!

Sincerely,

Mufida Assaf

Executive Vice President

Email: asucrevp at ucr.edu

Instagram: @asucrevp

WHAT TIME IS IT?  IT’S TIME TO HIT THE POLLS!

California Gubernatorial Recall Election Day is steadily approaching. Every election is determined by the people who show up, be one of those people. Don’t wait, be sure to keep up with the timeline below!

* Ballots by Mail Distribution Begins: August 16th, 2021.
* Last day to register online: August 30th, 2021.
* Election Day September 14th, 2021.

Take the first step and be sure to Register to Vote now using the link below.
https://registertovote.ca.gov/?t=s

See you at the polls,

Elysha Castillo| She/Her/Hers

Vice President of External Affairs

Associated Students of UC Riverside | ASUCR

Email: asucrexternal at ucr.edu

JOIN THE HIGHLANDER ACTION COMMITTEE:

ASUCR’S External Affairs Office is currently seeking students to join the Highlander Action Committee for the 2021- 2022 academic year. More specifically, we, Amina Hearns and Alejandra Olvera, as Campus Organizing Directors would love to invite you all to partake in the pertinent work there is to be done on campus. As Organizing Directors, we manage and promote campus-wide student activism with the help of the Highlander Action Committee — a passionate group who utilizes social media, connection building, and mobilization tactics to uplift communities’ voices and the work of the External Office. If you feel dedicated to organizing around issues that are impacting your communities, please read the position descriptions below and sign up via our Google Form.

General Committee Member: weekly meetings, as well as source and amplify students’ concerns
Organizing Assistant Director: assist directors with logistics and play an overarching supporting role
Programming Coordinator: create and help coordinate workshops on activist and advocacy topics
Mobilization Coordinator: oversee our actions and protests, their mechanics and implementation
Social Media Coordinator: manage committee’s social media, liaison between our efforts and the campus community
* All coordinator positions will be heading their respective sub-committees

* Interviews not required for general members

Google Form Sign Up: https://bit.ly/HACapp2021

In solidarity,

Alejandra Olvera & Amina Hearns

Campus Organizing Directors

asucrexternal at ucr.edu

APPLY TO ATTEND THE UC STUDENT ORGANIZING SUMMIT:

Good morning Highlanders!

ASUCR External and UCSA are recruiting student-leaders from our campus to apply for the 2021 UC Student Organizing Summit (UC SOS)! Students from every single UC campus will come together (remotely) on September 4th to share their most pressing concerns and visions for the future of student advocacy. We are excited to recruit undergraduate students from our UCR community to contribute to our statewide campaigns: Fund the UC, Racial Justice Now, ACQUIRE, and UCWeVOTE.

Registration is due Friday, August 27th at 11:59 PM PST.

Registration link: https://bit.ly/UCSASOS21

In solidarity,

Alejandra Olvera & Amina Hearns

Co-Organizing Directors | ASUCR External

asucrexternal at ucr.edu

Associated Students, UC Riverside

202 Highlander Union (HUB)

900 University Avenue