[Students] ASUCR Update: Apply for Positions and Get Involved!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Aug 31 17:39:01 PDT 2021

THE RECALL ELECTION IS HERE – ARE YOU READY?

The California Gubernatorial Recall Election is steadily approaching. Every election is determined by the people who show up, be one of those people. Make sure your voice is heard in this election that will determine who leads California for the next year. Don’t wait, be sure to keep up with the timeline below:
 Ballots by Mail Distribution Begins: August 16th, 2021
  Last day to register online: August 31st, 2021 *If you need to make changes to your registration, you can simply re-register!*
 Election Day: September 14th, 2021.
Take the first step and be sure to Register to Vote now using the link below:
https://registertovote.ca.gov/?t=s

*Using this specific link will help us track how many UCR students registered to vote*

See you at the polls,

Elysha Castillo| She/Her/Hers

Vice President of External Affairs

Associated Students of UC Riverside | ASUCR

Email: asucrexternal at ucr.edu ||

POSITIONS OPEN – STUDENT VOICE COMMITTEE!

Hello Highlanders!

My name is Leslie Estrella and I am the 2021-2022 Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee. Our team is looking for applicants to fill the Student Delegate position this upcoming academic year.

The Student Voice Committee is a non-political committee under the Associated Students of UCR (ASUCR). We are dedicated to improving the student experience at UCR by representing the needs, wants, and desires of our student body to the ASUCR Senate and campus administration. The core of Student Voice is participating in conversations with UCR students to learn about their concerns on a multitude of topics.

We do this via polls, surveys, and case studies. The aggregated research on student opinion is presented to our student government and campus administration. We help ASUCR become more efficient and effective in serving students and execute change via campus-wide projects, campaigns, and more.

The student delegate position includes a variety of tasks such as positively interacting with other students, brainstorming, assisting the team to complete projects for the forward advancement of the group, creating reports and info-graphs, and meeting with ASUCR officials. Some critical traits we look for include listening to other peoples' thoughts, being open to meeting new people, and being a consistent contributor. We hope to work with well-rounded students who can contribute a wide skill set to our team as we are constantly growing and seeking to make an impact.

In this position, you will have access to resources to make a change for all students here at UCR. You'll be part of a team which has been written about in the Highlander newspaper. By being part of this committee you’ll have the opportunity to develop interpersonal skills, engage one on one with students, and gain insights on topics and issues that matter. You’ll be part of a team that is devoted to making students feel like their voice is being heard and considered.

If you are interested in applying, please check out the following links for the Delegate Job Description  and Delegate Application . You can submit your application until Friday, September 24th, at 11:59 p.m. In addition please email me your resume at lestr019 at ucr.edu.

Thank you for your interest! If you have any questions please reach out to asucrsvc at ucr.edu.

Student Voice Committee 2021-2022 Board Members:

Chair, Kenady Craig

Vice-Chair, Leslie Estrella

Personnel Director, Leilani Tull

Data Analyst, Lauren Flemmer

ASUCR STUDENT EMPLOYMENT:

Now Hiring!  ASUCR Student Front Office Assistant:

Description:  This is an entry-level position. This position focuses on being the front line to the ASUCR office.  Heavy emphasis on assisting orgs on campus as well as ASUCR officers and staff.  Dependability is a must.

Apply Online at:  Front Office Assistant

Application Deadline:  September 15, 2021

Start Date: September 20, 2021

Pay: $14 per hour

ASUCR office

202 Highlander Union (HUB)

(951-827-3621)

ASUCR STUDENT EMPLOYMENT:

Now Hiring!  Student Accounting Assistant:

Description:  This is an entry-level accounting position for students interested in pursuing the field of accounting. This position focuses on the posting of expenditures and revenues. Incumbent will obtain experience in both small enterprise business and government fund accounting.

Apply Online at: Accounting Assistant

Application Deadline: September 17, 2021

Start Date:  September 23, 2021

Pay: $16 per hour

ASUCR office

202 Highlander Union (HUB)