[Students] ASUCR Update: Get Involved!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 2 17:42:06 PST 2021

CALLING ALL TRANSFER AND NON-TRADITIONAL STUDENTS!

ASUCR’s Transfer and Non-Traditional Student Committee is hosting its first event of the quarter on February 5th @ 6PM! This event is a social mixer so make sure you are ready to meet the committee and connect with other transfers! Along with an introduction of the committee and a few ice breakers, we will also host a Kahoot game about UCR! All those that attend have a chance to win prizes! (included but not limited to amazon, target, and Starbucks giftcards!).  The flyer is attached to this email.

Take a break from studying and relax after midterms week and come join us on this fun night! For more details follow @tntucr on Instagram!

Hope to see you there, transfers!

Warmest Regards,

Kaitylyn Hall | She/Her/Hers

Transfer and Non-Traditional Student Director

Email: asucrtransfer at ucr.edu

SEE WHAT YOUR ELECTED STUDENT REPRESENTATIVES ARE DOING FOR YOU:

Hello Highlanders!

Happy Week Five! My name is Sean Nguyen and I am the current Personnel Director for this term. Linked below are three reports of the various Executive Branch Members, Senators, and Committee Directors and their activities during the month of January 2021.

Finalized Reports (2/1/2021 @ 5:00 PM):
ASUCR Executive Cabinet Reports
ASUCR Senators Reports
ASUCR Committees Reports

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at asucrcommittees at ucr.edu.

Best,

Sean Nguyen (He/Him)

‘20-’21 Personnel Director

Office of the Personnel

SENATE MEETING TONIGHT!

Hello, Highlanders!

Today will be our fifth Senate Meeting of the quarter! To access the zoom link, legislations, finance hearing minutes, and public forum/comment form click on the link below! If you are not able to attend, don't worry the Senate Meetings are recorded and attached to the link below as well! I hope to see you all there! Have a great week 5 and good luck with midterms!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Link

--

Best Regards,

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

asucrevp at ucr.edu

RUN FOR ELECTED OFFICE AT ASUCR!

Hey Highlanders! Did you know that filing for candidacy is now OPEN? Check out the ASUCR Elections website to see our Candidacy Packet and follow us on Instagram @asucr_elections for more information! Next week we will be having a giveaway for 2 $100 gift cards as part of our bi-weekly giveaways, so be sure to join us!

Check out this year's Candidacy Manual with helpful information from this year's officers! As always, feel free to email me asucrelections at ucr.edu with any questions! We can't wait to see who files for candidacy in 2021.

Lama Yassine (She/Her/Hers)

ASUCR Elections Director 2020-2021

asucrelections at ucr.edu

STUDENT VOICE COMMITTEE SURVEY REQUEST FORM!

Hello Highlanders!

My name is Mark Hanin and I am the Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee (SVC).

The Student Voice Committee is a non-political committee under the Associated Students of UCR (ASUCR) dedicated to figuring out the needs, wants, and desires of the UCR student body. We accomplish this by conducting polls, surveys, and individual research on the relevant topics and issues that concern UCR students. Afterwards, we aggregate the data we collect and present it to our student government and campus administration.

As part of our vision to find new ways to amplify student voices at UCR despite the challenges we all find ourselves in, the Student Voice Committee is launching a new initiative to work on gathering input from students like yourself on what topic(s) you would like for us to conduct surveys on in the future.

Recently, we conducted a survey on the ASUCR Elections, where we gathered valuable feedback from you on how you would like for the ASUCR Elections process to be improved in the future. We are hoping to continue conducting more surveys like that in the future on topics that are relevant to you and to the UCR student population at large by providing you with the opportunity to share your thoughts with us directly.

All you need to do is complete a Survey Request Form indicating the topic(s) that you would like for us to cover in our future surveys. Individual students and on-campus student organizations are more than welcome to complete the form.

The link to the form can be found right here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaTRao-eqmtCQYhN5VqKWBPOnT64cuN7fbZhzc4bhX-krIHw/viewform.

You can also find the form on the Student Voice Committee home page under the "Student Leadership" tab on the ASUCR Website. From there, you would click on "google form" at the top of the Committee's home page to access the form.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu.

Best regards,

Mark Hanin

Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee

asucrsvc at ucr.edu

REGISTER FOR OUR STUDENT LEADERSHIP SUMMIT FEB 12-13!

Next week, ASUCR and CALPIRG will be hosting a Student Leadership Summit with workshops on mental health, how to get involved in advocacy, and much more! Join us next Friday, February 12th and Saturday, February 13th or find out more information at this Google Form!

Best, Elysha Castillo (she/her)

asucrorganizing at ucr.edu

Brought to you by:

Associated Students, UC Riverside