[Students] ASUCR UPDATE: Petitions, Surveys, Meetings, Events & Committees!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 9 17:21:13 PST 2021

REGISTER FOR OUR STUDENT LEADERSHIP SUMMIT FEB 12-13!

 ASUCR and CALPIRG will be hosting a Student Leadership Summit with workshops on mental health, how to get involved in advocacy, and much more! We will also have many giveaways such as $30 Target gift cards!!!! Join us next Friday, February 12th and Saturday, February 13th. Register  at http://bit.ly/leadersum21

Best, Elysha Castillo (she/her)

asucrorganizing at ucr.edu

INLAND EMPIRE AND SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION PANEL:

Hi Highlanders!

The ASUCR Civic Engagement Committee is hosting a local community organization panel on Thursday, February 11th, from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m.  Stop by to learn more about the resources in our communities and volunteer opportunities.

SIGN UP HERE: bit.ly/ceinlandorgs

Best regards,

Emily Thomas - asucrvotes at ucr.edu

SUPPORTING NON-TRADITIONAL STUDENTS!

Hey Highlanders,

Please consider signing this petition to help non-traditional students in their fight to get adequate housing at UC Riverside! Unfortunately, housing and food insecurity has been made much worse as this pandemic engulfs our nation. This petition is calling for UCR administration to work with non-traditional students and ASUCR to ensure that additional housing is available to our Highlanders who are in need.

Also if you are interested in getting more involved in this effort, feel free to email asucrprotempore at ucr.edu for more information.

Thank you, stay safe, and good luck on midterms!

Best Regards,

Orlando Cabalo

President Pro Tempore

Email: asucrprotempore at ucr.edu

JOIN TONIGHT’S ASUCR SENATE MEETING:

Hello, Highlanders!

Today will be our second State of the Association of the quarter! This is where ECAB members come to talk about what they have done for the past three weeks! To access the zoom link, legislation, finance hearing minutes, and public forum/comment form click on the link below! If you are not able to attend, don't worry the Senate Meetings are recorded and attached to the link below as well!  I hope to see you all there! Have a great week 6 and good luck with midterms!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Link

Best Regards,

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

asucrevp at ucr.edu

ASUCR INTERNATIONAL STUDENT x ISU VALENTINE’S DAY EVENT:

Hello Highlanders,

Is your name WiFi? Because I'm feeling a connection. Join the International Student Committee and ISU on a collaborative event to make this connection even stronger this Friday, February 12th at 7:00 PM PDT. We will be hosting a fun special Valentine's Day event to learn more about the different love languages and Valentine's Day in the United States. Join us for a chance to win an e-gift card from us!  Share this event and bring a friend with you! Link to the event.

Cristy Chen

Chair Director of International Student Committee

asucrcommittees at ucr.edu

UNDERGRADUATE TUTOR SURVEY

Are you an undergraduate tutor employed at UC Riverside? Due to the pandemic, there have been some reports of reduced working hours, so members of ASUCR are trying to get more information in order to better represent y'all. If you are interested, please consider filling out this survey, it would be extremely helpful.

Stay safe and stay healthy.

In solidarity,

Orlando Cabalo (He/Him)

President Pro Tempore

Email: asucrprotempore at ucr.edu

FILL OUT OUR STUDENT SUSTAINABILITY SURVEY!

Hi Highlanders! Happy Week 6! GCAP invites you all to take our Student Sustainability Survey on our website at www.gcapucr.com/studentsustainabilitysurvey for the chance to win an IPad Pro with an Apple Pencil!

Thank you and best of luck on your exams and essays! "

Vanessa Gomez-Alvarado

VP of Sustainability

Website: Gcapucr.com

Email:gcapucr at ucr.edu

FILL OUT OUR COMMENCEMENT SURVEY!

Highlanders!

In a recent campus-wide announcement, it has been confirmed that commencement for this year's graduating class will be held virtually. There is a commencement task force that is working to hash out the logistics for this year's commencement. We need the help of all the graduating Highlanders to ensure we can coordinate a commencement that adequately recognizes the hard work and effort of this year's graduating class.

Complete this survey so the workgroup can better plan for the 2021 commencement. Thank you! "
--

Warm Regards,

Luis Huerta

Student Body President

asucrpresident at ucr.edu

STUDENT VOICE COMMITTEE SURVEY REQUEST FORM!

Hello Highlanders!

My name is Mark Hanin and I am the Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee (SVC).

Last week, the Student Voice Committee launched a new initiative to help students share their thoughts directly to us on what topic(s) they would like for us to conduct surveys on in the future. We hope to provide students, like yourself, with the platform and opportunity to express their thoughts as part of our committee's vision to find new ways to amplify student voices at UCR despite the challenges we all find ourselves in.

All you need to do is complete a Survey Request Form indicating the topic(s) that you would like for us to cover in our future surveys. Individual students and on-campus student organizations are more than welcome to complete the form.

The link to the form can be found right here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdaTRao-eqmtCQYhN5VqKWBPOnT64cuN7fbZhzc4bhX-krIHw/viewform.

You can also find the form on the Student Voice Committee home page under the "Student Leadership" tab on the ASUCR Website. From there, you would click on "google form" at the top of the Committee's home page to access the form.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu.

Best regards,

Mark Hanin

Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee

asucrsvc at ucr.edu

JOIN THE TRANSFER/NON-TRADITIONAL STUDENT COMMITTEE:

Hello Highlanders!

Are you a transfer or non-traditional student interested in joining the Transfer/Non-Traditional Student Committee this school year to help enhance the transfer experience, get involved in ASUCR, and become a voice for the transfer and non-traditional community? We have good news!

Our application to join the committee is back open! The deadline to apply is on February 13th @ 11:59 PM!  I highly encourage you all to learn more about our duties and visit our bylaws. Additional information is also provided on the application form!

Here is the link to apply: https://forms.gle/qc6ctSjqW1LUQoFF9

For updates and events make sure to follow our instagram @tntucr. We have transfer spotlights every Friday and we would love to feature your beautiful faces!

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me at asucrtransfer at ucr.edu! I hope to see your application!

Warmest Regards,

Kaitylyn Hall | She/Her/Hers

CHECK OUT THE LATEST HIGHLANDER NEWSPAPER ISSUE:

Hi Highlanders! Issue 15 of The Highlander is here! Click here to view Issue 15 and read more about The Sub Station at UCR and their call for help, ASUCR's letter of recommendations to UCR administration for a smooth fall 2021 reopening, UCR Athletic's plans for spring 2021 as the Big West Conference resumes gameplay, and more! Visit our highlandernews.org to read further!

If you or a business you know is  interested in advertising with The Highlander, contact highlanderads at ucr.edu or highlanderadreps at ucr.edu.

Amani Mahmoud

Editor-in-Chief, The Highlander

Email: editorinchief at highlandernews.org