[Students] ASUCR Update: Apply for Positions, Fill out Surveys, Join us for Meetings and Events!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 16 17:12:09 PST 2021

APPLY FOR POSITIONS IN THE VP OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS OFFICE:

Hello Highlanders!

ASUCR's Office of Campus Internal Affairs has a few opportunities for you all to join our office and make change happen from the internal viewpoint. We have an application for you all to fill out to be a part of our office, which can be found here. The following positions are in need of occupancy:
Executive Assistant
R'Closet Chairperson
Chair for the Committee of Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Prevention
Communications Intern
Applications will be open until WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 24TH AT 11:59 PM.

The knowledge you will obtain from your experience in any of these positions will help guide you in your present and future endeavors, and I encourage you all to apply and use your power to help make UCR a more safe, comfortable, and enjoying place to learn at.

Kind regards,

Angelica Garcia

She/Her/Hers

Vice President of Campus Internal Affairs

JOIN US AT THIS WEEK’S SENATE MEETING:

Hello, Highlanders!

We will be moving Senate Meeting to Friday at 6:30 pm. This is because Monday was a holiday and we won't be able to receive items until Wednesday at 6:30 pm! To access the zoom link, legislations, finance hearing minutes, and public forum/comment form click on the link below! If you are not able to attend, don't worry the Senate Meetings are recorded and attached to the link below as well!  I hope to see you all there! Have a great week 7 and good luck with midterms!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Link

Best Regards,

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

asucrevp at ucr.edu

GCAP STUDENT SUSTAINABILITY SURVEY:

Hi Highlanders! Happy Week 7! GCAP invites you all to take our Student Sustainability Survey on our website at www.gcapucr.com/studentsustainabilitysurvey for the chance to win an IPad Pro with an Apple Pencil!

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Vanessa Gomez-Alvarado

VP of Sustainability

Website: Gcapucr.com

Email:gcapucr at ucr.edu

POLITICAL IMPACT SURVEY - WIN GIFT CARDS!!!!:

Hello Highlanders!

The Student Voice Committee (SVC) will be raffling off Gift Cards to Feeding America and Wounded Warrior Project!!!!

All you need to do is complete a short survey sharing your thoughts about the impact of politics and/or political discussions on your educational experience at UCR.

We strongly encourage you to complete this survey, regardless of whether or not you are invested in politics as we are simply looking to find out if conversations that were political in nature were ever present in your classroom.

Your feedback in this survey is important to helping us understand how UCR can best address the role of politics and/or political discussions in the UCR classroom to ensure that all UCR students are able to have the successful educational experience they aspire to have while at UCR.

The link to the survey can be found right here: https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6qVoQgL2zbgNWu2.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu.

Best regards,

Mark Hanin
Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee
asucrsvc at ucr.edu

SCHOOL OF BUSINESS TOWN HALL & GRAD SCHOOL APPLICATION EVENT – YOU’RE INVITED!

Highlanders!

Happy week 7!! The ASUCR will be hosting an informational town hall with UCR's School of Business this Thursday at 6:00 PM. Join us, as you will have a chance to ask the School of Business dean questions and win a $50 Amazon gift card!

REGISTER HERE

The ASUCR will be co-hosting an informational graduate school application event with the ARC and HPAC next week on Friday the 26th, from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM. Join us to learn about the application process for various graduate school programs!

REGISTER HERE

We are looking forward to seeing you there!

Warm Regards,

Mufida Assaf

CHASS Senator

JOIN OUR NATIONAL EFFORTS TO DOUBLE THE PELL!  SIGN THE PETITION:

Highlanders,

UC students across the system are calling on Congress to #DoublePell during UC Student Association's (UCSA) Double the Pell Week of Action starting Monday, February 22nd! UCSA is taking a bold stance with student associations across the country to help make college attainable for all. Follow along with our programming below and sign the UC Advocacy Network's #DoublePell Petition to show your support!

Monday, February 22nd: UCSA and student associations across the country will kick off the week with a #DoublePell Press Conference to show unity in fighting for #DoublePell! Stay tuned for highlights on UCSA's social media.

Tuesday, February 23rd: We're taking our campaign straight to Congress with UCSA's Double the Pell Briefing on the Hill! Speakers will include University of California President Michael V. Drake, Marlene Garcia (Executive Director of the California Student Aid Commission), and Pell-recipients from across the UC! Catch highlights on UCSA's social media.

Wednesday, February 24th: Sign the UCAN Double the Pell Petition to show your support for the campaign during our Social Media Day of Action!

Thursday, February 25th: Tune into the @ucstudents #DoublePell Instagram Live at 6pm PST to learn more about how Pell benefits students and why it needs to be doubled!

Stay up to date with #DoublePell by following UCSA on social media: Twitter: @_UCSA | Facebook: @UCStudentAssociation | Instagram: @ucstudents. Interested in learning more about #DoublePell can make college more attainable for all? Click here.

Thank you so much for your support. Contact me if you have any questions on Double Pell!

Ana Valdez | She/Her/Hers

Fund the UC Coordinator

Office of ASUCR External Affairs

fundtheuc at ucr.edu

APPLY NOW TO UCSA BLACK LOBBY DAY! MARCH 2-3

Hey Highlanders! ASUCR External is so excited to invite you to our 3rd annual Black Lobby Day, an opportunity for Black students across the UC system to push for transformative policy change relative to racial justice, educational equity and gain more skills on lobbying and meeting with elected officials.

Apply NOW before February 25th at 5pm at https://bit.ly/bldapp21! Contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Naomi Waters | She/Her/Hers

UCSA Racial Justice Now Vice Chair

rjn at ucsa.org