[Students] ASUCR UPDATE: Apply for Positions, Attend Meetings, & Other Info!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Jan 5 17:23:01 PST 2021

APPLY NOW to join the ASUCR Civic Engagement Committee:

Civic Engagement does not end after the election, it goes beyond voting! Civic engagement is making sure you and your community's voices are heard through being counted in the census, showing up to local and state government meetings, holding your elected officials accountable, educating your community about resources, and more!

Apply at bit.ly/cewinter2021

Please submit your application by Sunday, January 10th, at 5:00 PM.  Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

*Check us out @ucr_cecoalition on Instagram*

Warmest regards,

Emily Thomas (she/her)
Civic Engagement Director
asucrvotes at ucr.edu

ASUCR MONTHLY REPORTS:

Hello Highlanders!

Happy Week One! My name is Sean Nguyen and I am the current Personnel Director for this term. Linked below are three reports of the various Executive Branch Members, Senators, and Committee Directors and their activities during the month of December 2020.

Finalized Reports (1/4/2021 @ 5:00 PM):
ASUCR Executive Cabinet Reports
ASUCR Senators Reports
ASUCR Committees Reports

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at asucrcommittees at ucr.edu.

Best,

Sean Nguyen (He/Him)

‘20-’21 Personnel Director

Office of the Personnel | ASUCR

JOIN US AT TONIGHT’S SENATE MEETING:

Hello, Highlanders!

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a well-rested break! Today will be our first Senate Meeting of the quarter! To access the zoom link, legislations, finance hearing minutes, and public forum/comment form click at the link below! I hope to see you all there! Have a great first week!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Link

Best Regards,

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

asucrevp at ucr.edu

APPLY FOR POSITIONS WITH GCAP:

Hi Highlanders, we hope you enjoyed your winter break. GCAP is hiring two undergraduate students to serve as GCAP Video Editor and GCAP Programming and Outreach intern. Apply to join our team now at www.gcapucr.com/careeropportunities2020-2021

Applications close on January 8, 2021 at 11:59 PM

Best regards,

Vanessa Gomez-Alvarado

VP of Sustainability

Email: asucrgcap.com

WHO ARE THE REGENTS TOWN HALL AND PUBLIC COMMENT:

Hey Highlanders! Join ASUCR External on Friday, January 15 from 4-5pm for our first event of the quarter: Who Are The Regents? Learn about the Board tasked with overseeing the entire UC system, what issues they are charged with like tuition increases, Mauna Kea TMT, UC budget and transfer issues, and how to make Public Comment at their upcoming meeting.

Register now at bit.ly/RegentsTownHallJan15 and attend for the chance to win a raffle that will include $15 Starbucks gift cards, hydroflasks and UCR merch! Email asucrexternal at ucr.edu with any questions or concerns.

Vincent Rasso | He/Him/His

Vice President of External Affairs

asucrexternal at ucr.edu

JOIN THE ASUCR RACIAL JUSTICE NOW CAMPAIGN TEAM!

Highlanders, the past year has surely been unprecedented, and students stood up in the face of injustice, in solidarity with our communities, to demand action and accountability. If you are interested in continuing the policy and activist fight for racial justice, the ASUCR External Affairs office invites you to join our Racial Justice Now! campaign team.

Led by our RJN Coordinator, Naomi Waters, we are looking for undergraduate UCR students passionate about campus activism and policy advocacy work (no experience required), specifically on issues such as policing and campus safety, defunding UCPD, and bridging communities into the dialogue of holding our officials accountable to the decisions they make in regards to police reform, diversity and inclusion, and the budgets being allocated for these programs.

Apply NOW at our Google Form: https://forms.gle/LNYU1dQbEp9Z9Rb19 and contact VPEA Vincent Rasso or RJN Coordinator Naomi Waters with any questions or concerns.

ASUCR EXTERNAL MEETINGS FOR WINTER 2021

The ASUCR External Affairs Executive Committee will be meeting biweekly on Mondays from 6-7:30pm for Winter Quarter 2021 starting on this Monday, January 11th. The committee is composed of our VPEA and several Directors and Campaign Coordinators who organize around issues such as tuition, lobbying, basic needs, local/state/federal advocacy and more!

If you are interested in speaking to your ASUCR External Affairs representatives who lead statewide initiatives with UCSA in systemwide advocacy, government relations, civic engagement and more, feel free to join our Zoom meetings and ask questions or hear updates on external affairs.

Vincent Rasso (he/him) is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: ASUCR External Staff Winter 2021 meetings Time: Jan 11, 2021 06:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada) Every 2 weeks on Mon, until Mar 22, 2021, 6 occurrence(s) Jan 11, 2021 06:00 PM Jan 25, 2021 06:00 PM Feb 8, 2021 06:00 PM Feb 22, 2021 06:00 PM Mar 8, 2021 06:00 PM Mar 22, 2021 06:00 PM Join Zoom Meeting https://ucr.zoom.us/j/92954951843 Meeting ID: 929 5495 1843 One tap mobile +16699006833,,92954951843# US (San Jose) +13462487799,,92954951843# US (Houston)

Contact VPEA Vincent Rasso at asucrexternal at ucr.edu with any questions or concerns about ASUCR External Affairs!

Associated Students, UC Riverside

202 Highlander Union (HUB)

900 University Avenue