[Students] ASUCR Update: Positions Available/UC Student Organizing Summit

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Jul 20 18:27:13 PDT 2021

POSITIONS AVAILABLE:

Happy Wednesday Highlanders,

My name is Arshneel Kaur and I am the current ASUCR Vice President of Campus Internal Affairs.  I want to take a minute to invite you to apply for a position in the Internal Office for the upcoming academic year. Please take a minute to apply if any of the following positions interest you.  The application is in the link below.  I’d love for you to join the team!

1) Chairperson, R’Professional Closet Committee: Chairperson, R’Professional Closet Committee (UNPAID): Shall assist with and spearhead efforts to uphold a partnership with the UCR Career Center to facilitate the collection/distribution of professional clothing for all students at UC Riverside. Duties include coordinate campaigns and volunteer efforts relating to issues of clothing insecurity, working with the ASUCR Basic Needs Coordinator to address clothing insecurity, creating programs and initiatives related to clothing access and sustainability, et cetera.

2) Chairperson, Committee on Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Prevention (UNPAID): Shall lead the Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Prevention, and lead efforts to communicate, strategize, and develop ideas, projects and initiatives to support campus sexual assault and sexual prevention efforts. This includes coordinating collaborations between campus entities involved with sexual assault and sexual prevention efforts, hosting events, working on advocacy and legislation to support sexual assault and violence prevention efforts on campus, et cetera.

3) Chief of Staff (PAID): The Chief of Staff oversees the Campus Internal Affairs Office staff to ensure that all duties and initiatives are being carried out appropriately. They also serve as the primary point of contact for First-Year Fellows, guide and write legislation for the Campus Internal Affairs Office, and provide the Vice President with assistance for all events and programs.

4) Commissioner of Academic Affairs (PAID): The Commissioner of Academic Affairs works with the Vice President of External Affairs to represent ASUCR in systemwide Academic Affairs. The Commissioner appoints Academic Affairs Committee members, works with the Academic Senate on projects and advocacy efforts, and creates legislation to address Academic Affairs-related issues on campus. The Commissioner is also in charge of finals week initiatives including the Snack Wagon, 24-hour library programs, as well as maintaining inventory for finals week testing materials.

5) Communications Director (PAID): The Communications Director is in charge of taking notes during all Campus Internal Affairs meetings, draft public statements and press releases, oversee the office Instagram account, and work with various other staff members to increase office transparency. In addition, the Communications Director will also oversee the Communications Interna and work with them to execute media and communication initiatives.

6) Communications Intern (UNPAID): Shall support office communications, outreach, and marketing efforts. Duties include drafting press releases and public statements, designing social media graphics, engaging in campus and off-campus outreach efforts, et cetera.

7) Executive Assistant (UNPAID): The Executive Assistant will primarily provide support for office clerical, business, and miscellaneous affairs. Duties include compiling monthly and quarterly reports for the VP CIA and subordinate committees, overseeing event logistics, supporting the VP of Internal Affairs and Chief-of-Staff, and helping with additional duties as they arise.

Here’s a link to the application: link

The deadline to apply is August 16th and interviews will be conducted August 19th - August 30th.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Arshneel Kaur

Vice President of Campus Internal Affairs

asucrinternal at ucr.edu

CALLING ALL STUDENT LEADERS!

ASUCR External and UCSA are recruiting student-leaders from our  campus to apply for the 2021 UC Student Organizing Summit (UC SOS)! Students from every single UC campus will come together/remotely/on August  7th  to share their most pressing concerns and visions for the future of student advocacy.  We are excited to recruit undergraduate students from our UCR community to contribute to our statewide campaigns: Fund the UC, Racial Justice Now, ACQUIRE, and UCweVOTE.

Registration is due Friday, August 3 at 11:59 PM PST.

Registration link: Application Link

For any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at the email below.

All the best,

Jose Castaneda | He/Him/His

Chief of Staff, 2021-22

VP of External Affairs Office