[Students] ASUCR: Apply for PAID Positions (Special Election), Win Prizes for Surveys, Attend Meetings, & More!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue May 4 18:42:00 PDT 2021

PAID POSITIONS!

Hey Highlanders,

Are you outgoing, organized and passionate about getting fellow Highlanders involved in our ASUCR student elections? Apply to be next year's Elections Director! The position is paid and part of the ASUCR Executive branch. No experience required.

Are you a current GSOE student and looking to advocate for GSOE students in ASUCR? Apply to be next year's GSOE Senator! This position is paid and part of the ASUCR Legislative branch. No experience required.

All applications are due May 9th at 11:59PM. Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions. It has been my pleasure to be your Elections Director for this year, and I can't wait to see which one of you will carry on the position!

Lama Yassine (she/her)

asucrelections at ucr.edu

ASUCR Elections Director

HUB SERVICES SURVEY - WIN GIFT CARDS!!!!

Hello Highlanders!

The Student Voice Committee (SVC) will be raffling off Gift Cards to Amazon and Best Buy!!!!

All you need to do is complete a short survey sharing your thoughts about your experiences with using the HUB and what additional services you would like to see installed in the HUB from more microwaves, to lockers, to expanded seating, and more to better accommodate your needs and concerns as a student.

The goal of this survey is to get an understanding of how students rely on the HUB and how they would most benefit from the HUB, depending on the kind of services that the students would deem most beneficial to them while at UCR.

Your feedback in this survey is important to helping us understand how UCR can best address the services offered in the HUB moving forward as in-person instruction is set to return this Fall in order to ensure that all UCR students come see the HUB as a reliable space that they can utilize while at UCR.

Please make sure to complete the survey by NEXT Wednesday, May 12th, at 11:59 PM PDT in order to get your name in the raffle on time.

The link to the survey can be found right here: https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cT3SX77zbBoSN3o.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu.

Best regards,

Mark Hanin
Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee
asucrsvc at ucr.edu

STUDENT VOICE COMMITTEE PERSONNEL DIRECTOR APPLICATION - APPLY TO BECOME THE NEXT PERSONNEL DIRECTOR (2021-2022)

[Final Reminder!!!!]

Hello Highlanders!

My name is Mark Hanin and I am the Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee. I am reaching out to all Highlanders to invite them to be a part of our committee's board next year by applying to become the next Personnel Director for the Student Voice Committee for the 2021-2022 academic school year.

The Personnel Director is responsible for all aspects of internal affairs related to the Student Voice Committee. This includes but is not limited to: scheduling weekly committee meetings, developing a welcoming culture among all committee members through socials and fun activities and much more. The Personnel Director is also there to support individual committee members throughout their time in the committee through counseling, coaching, and disciplining.

If interested, please view the attached PDF document labeled "Student Voice Committee Personnel Director - Duties and Responsibilities" containing a full description of the duties and responsibilities for the position. In addition to that, feel free to view the application found right below and apply to become the next Personnel Director by completing the application.

The link to the application can be found right here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUwyJ8oK9FOAv6JxTkesClpR2d_CXWE1nRcSynA9cO2P6xWg/viewform.

Applications are due by TONIGHT at 11:59 PM PDT.

asucrsvc at ucr.edu

STATE OF THE ASSOCIATION MEETING – YOU’RE INVITED!

Hello, Highlanders!

Today we will be having our second State of the Association of the quarter at 6:30 pm! To sign up for Public Forum/Comment, look at materials such as agenda, legislation, finance hearing meeting minutes, etc., and recordings use the link below! You can also look at what Senators and ECAB have been doing for the past 6 weeks by using the link below!

You can also access everything on our Instagram page @asucrevp! If you have any questions or concerns please email me at asucrevp at ucr.edu. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Links

Best Regards,

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

asucrevp at ucr.edu

PETITION FOR STUDENT-PARENT BASIC NEEDS

Hey Highlanders,

As the pandemic continues to drag on, it is key to fight for the basic needs of all students. Please consider signing this petition in support of additional campus housing for student-parents and nontraditional students.

Thank you for your time and have a great rest of your day.

Best regards,

Orlando Cabalo

President Pro Tempore

JOIN US FOR THIS STUDY ABROAD EVENT!

Hello Highlanders,

The ASUCR International Student Committee will be hosting an event alongside Professor John Kim and Professor Charles Graninger as they share their experiences of studying abroad and the importance of widening our understanding of diversity. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, many study abroad programs have been canceled, so we hope that this event will encourage you all to consider studying abroad in the future! The event date will be next Thursday 05/13/2021 from 6-7 PM PDT and is it open to everyone! We will be giving away (8) $20 gift cards to those who attend! We can't wait to see you all there!

Event link: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/92171619827 Meeting ID: 921 7161 9827

Cristina Chen

Chair of International Student Committee

She/Her/Hers

asucrcommittees at ucr.edu

Associated Students, UC Riverside

202 Highlander Union (HUB)