[Students] ASUCR Update - Surveys, Meetings, Events, Etc.

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue May 11 18:51:54 PDT 2021

HUB SERVICES SURVEY - WIN GIFT CARDS!!!! (Final Reminder)

Hello Highlanders!

The Student Voice Committee (SVC) will be raffling off Gift Cards to Amazon and Best Buy!!!!

All you need to do is complete a short survey sharing your thoughts about your experiences with using the HUB and what additional services you would like to see installed in the HUB from more microwaves, to lockers, to expanded seating, and more to better accommodate your needs and concerns as a student.

The goal of this survey is to get an understanding of how students rely on the HUB and how they would most benefit from the HUB, depending on the kind of services that the students would deem most beneficial to them while at UCR.

Your feedback in this survey is important to helping us understand how UCR can best address the services offered in the HUB moving forward as in-person instruction is set to return this Fall in order to ensure that all UCR students come see the HUB as a reliable space that they can utilize while at UCR.

Please make sure to complete the survey by TONIGHT at 11:59 PM PDT in order to get your name in the raffle on time.

The link to the survey can be found right here: https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cT3SX77zbBoSN3o.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu.

Best regards,

Mark Hanin
Vice-Chair of Student Voice Committee
asucrsvc at ucr.edu

ASUCR SENATE MEETING TONIGHT – YOU’RE INVITED!

Hello, Highlanders!

Today we will be having our 7th Senate Meeting of the quarter at 6:30 pm! To sign up for Public Forum/Comment, look at materials such as agenda, legislation, finance hearing meeting minutes, etc., and recordings use the link below! You can also look at what Senators and ECAB have been doing for the past 7 weeks by using the link below!

You can also access everything on our Instagram page @asucrevp! If you have any questions or concerns please email me at asucrevp at ucr.edu. Looking forward to seeing everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

The Office of the Executive Vice President Links

Best Regards,

Natalie Hernandez
Executive Vice President (She/Her)

asucrevp at ucr.edu

INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION EVENT – YOU’RE INVITED!

Hello Highlanders,

The ASUCR International Student Committee will be hosting an event alongside Professor John Kim and Professor Charles Graninger as they share their experiences with international education and the importance of widening our understanding of diversity. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, many study abroad programs have been canceled, so we hope that this event will encourage you all to consider studying abroad in the future! The event date will be this Thursday 05/13/2021 from 6-7 PM PDT and is it open to everyone! We will be giving away (10) $20 gift cards to those who attend! We can't wait to see you all there!

Event link: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/92171619827 Meeting ID: 921 7161 9827

Cristina Chen

Chair of International Student Committee

Chair Director of International Student Committee

asucrcommittees at ucr.edu

CHASS TOWN HALL – WIN GIFT CARDS!

Hey Highlanders!

Make sure to join us at the last CHASS Town Hall for a chance to win one of 10 $30 Amazon gift cards.

This Friday, May 14th at 5:00 pm.

Zoom Meeting Info:
https://ucr.zoom.us/j/97465290006
Meeting ID: 974 6529 0006"

Hope to see you there!

Best,

Lizbeth Marquez Torres

CHASS Senator

SUPPORT UC WORKERS BARGAINING FOR A NEW CONTRACT WITH ASUCR'S LABOR COMMISSION!

Hey Highlanders!

Did You Know that UC lecturers are currently bargaining for a new contract that will ensure job security, rehiring preferences, and workload improvements? Join the fight for a better contract and show your support for UC lecturers! Their working conditions are our learning conditions. We are stronger together. Learn more here!

Sign this petition in solidarity with UC-AFT; Check out our website and follow us on Twitter @UCAFT1966 and Instagram @ucaft1966 for updates and more information about UC-AFT; and Join us for our Lecturers’ Panel on Thursday, May 20 at 2:00 PM to learn more about these issues and for a chance to win: 4 Hydroflasks, 5 - $100 Raising Cane’s gift cards, 5 - $100 In n Out gift cards, 10 - $100 Target gift cards. We hope to see you there!

In Solidarity,

ASUCR Labor Commission

UC-AFT Interns

HELP SUPPORT PODER:

Please consider supporting the students from PODER at UC Riverside. They are raising critically needed funds for UCR undocumented students.

On behalf of Providing Opportunities, Dreams and Education in Riverside (PODER), we would like to invite you to be part of the fundraiser we are having throughout the month of May! In place of our annual “Investing in the Dream” Fundraiser Banquet, PODER will be selling our “Together We Are Strong” t-shirts; all funds raised will support our scholarship fund for undocumented students at UC Riverside. Throughout the years, PODER has been able to raise over $30,000 in scholarships for undocumented students on campus. This year, our goal is to raise $5,500 to support undocumented students!! Shirts are $30 each (plus shipping) and can be ordered at tinyurl.com/poder2021. Last day to order shirts is June 4th. Feel free to share our fundraising campaign on your social media platforms using the hashtag: #PODERATUCR and tag PODER on IG:@poderatucr and FB:@poderatucriverside

Thank you for your support and contribution to PODER and our UCR undocumented community.

Warm Regards,

Alyssa Marchan | She/Her/Hers

CHASS Senator

Associated Students, UC Riverside