[Students] ASUCR Update: Get Involved!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 2 17:48:19 PDT 2021

INTERESTED IN WORKING IN STUDENT GOVERNMENT?

The office of the Vice President of External Affairs, Elysha Castillo, focuses on lobbying elected officials, advocacy on behalf of undergraduate students on local, state, & federal level, student organizing, labor and union solidarity, and civic engagement. We are looking for passionate, multifaceted diverse group of people from all majors, all class levels & backgrounds. If this sounds like you, apply now.

Applications are due November 12 at 11:59 PM PST.

Positions Guide: https://bit.ly/ExternalPositions2

Application: https://bit.ly/AsucrExternalApp2

For any questions & concerns please email

asucrexternal at ucr.edu

Elysha Castillo

Vice President, External Affairs

JOIN THE FIRST TIME COLLEGE STUDENT COMMITTEE:

Hello Highlanders!

Hope you are doing well this week!

We are looking for motivated students who are interested in getting involved with a new committee focused on improving the quality of first-time student experiences! If you are interested in program planning, outreach, and more, come apply for ASUCR’s First Time College Student Committee!

This committee will work to make the first-time college experience better while also listening to the concerns of first-time undergraduate students. If you are interested in making positive changes to the UCR community, then this is the committee for you!

The link to the application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeeZIpsWem-VRCm7gg-yxhtH0UTkLWe8CboAKWjtU16xTq71g/viewform

The deadline to apply is: November 14th, 2021 at 11:59 PM

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the First Time College Student Director, Lilly Romero, at: asucr at ucr.edu

Thank you and have a lovely day!

In solidarity,

Lilly Romero

First-Time College Student Director

ASUCR ATHLETIC COMMITTEE APPLICATION:

Hello Highlanders!

The ASUCR Office of the President is looking for engaged Highlanders to serve on a new Athletic Committee. The purpose of this committee is to increase UCR Students engagement with UCR Athletics. The main goal this year is to increase the culture of supporting and attending athletics events.

The deadline to apply is Monday, November 8th at 5:00 PM. The application can be found HERE.

All questions should be posed to asucrpresident at ucr.edu.

Best,

William Wang

ASUCR President

ASUCR ALUMNI RELATIONS COMMITTEE APPLICATION:

Hello Highlanders!

The ASUCR Office of the President is looking for engaged Highlanders to serve on a new Alumni Relations Committee. The purpose of this committee is to increase alumni engagement at UCR. We want to create an alumni network to support our students and give advice about post-undergraduate success.

The deadline to apply is Monday, November 8th at 5:00 PM. The application can be found HERE.

All questions should be posed to asucrpresident at ucr.edu.

Best,

William Wang

ASUCR President

TODAY IS THE FINAL DAY TO APPLY TO THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS COMMITTEE:

*Deadline to apply: Wednesday, November 3rd, 2021, at 11:59 PM*

Hello Highlanders!

We are looking for motivated students hoping to get involved on campus and gain leadership experience!  If you are an international student or interested in international student affairs, be sure to apply and join ASUCR's International Students Committee!

This committee aims to create an encouraging and welcoming environment for international students to become active members of the UCR community. If this sounds like something you would like to be involved in, be sure to apply today!

Link to apply: https://forms.gle/CStE5nJMtadtNcz89

*Deadline to apply: Wednesday, November 3rd, 2021, at 11:59PM*

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me through the email provided below.

Mario Gonzales Villagrán

International Student Director

asucr at ucr.edu

JOIN US AT THIS WEEK’S SENATE MEETING:

Happy Week 6, Highlanders!!

We invite you to attend our fifth Senate Meeting held this Wednesday, 11/4, at 6:30 PM in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221). For information about the fourth Senate Meeting held last week, click on this link! Please reach out if you have any questions at all :).

Mufida Assaf

ASUCR Executive Vice President

CNAS TOWN HALL MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8TH 6-7 PM:

Hello CNAS students! Your ASUCR CNAS Senators are hosting a town hall next week on Monday, November 8th, from 6-7 PM in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 2nd floor). Please come and hear what ASUCR does for you, your current senators' goals for the year, and give us your thoughts on what you'd like to see be improved for CNAS students at UCR. Hope to see you there!

ASUCR CNAS Senators

asucr at ucr.edu

STOP REDLINING UCR

Good Morning Highlanders,

As of these past few months, The University of California, Riverside was informed that it would receive a 8.2% reduction in school budget from the UC Office of the President. Whereas, UC Riverside is one of the most underfunded UCs in the entire system per student and contains the most diverse student population, we are demanding President Drake to STOP REDLINING UCR and give our campus the proper and equitable funding required to support our faculty, students, and growing community. If you are interested in supporting this campaign please attend the UC Regents meeting on November 17th & 18th and leave a public comment to advocate for the end of UCR's Redlining. The directions to leave a public comment will be linked below! In addition, if you want to further support the campaign, please fill out both petitions attached below!
Public Comment Directions:
https://regents.universityofcalifornia.edu/meetings/public-comment.html

UAW Petition:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScr2MHEEh_ZpGUSxkmBpe5P6MdlcA50bRcgKICCIyfJxxLQfA/viewform

Faculty Petition:

https://chng.it/yN6ftnXhcg

Thank you so much for your time, consideration, and support, Highlanders! I hope everyone has a fantastic week 6!

Respectfully,

David Kiroloss

Bourns College of Engineering Senator

Associated Students, UC Riverside