[Students] Unit 18 Strike Communication

Vcsa vcsa at ucr.edu
Tue Nov 16 18:20:17 PST 2021

Dear UCR Students:
A union representing some university instructors has voted to go on strike this Wednesday and Thursday, Nov 17 and 18, at every campus in the UC System. The strike will impact all aspects of these  instructors' job responsibilities, including lectures, office hours, meeting attendance, and email response.
We are writing to let you know that some of your instructors may not be at work on Wednesday and Thursday. You may see some instructors or other members of our community on a picket line or protesting on these days. We ask all community members, no matter their views, be polite and respectful to one another during this time.
Thanks for your patience as the University of California continues to work with the union in seeking to finalize a contract.
Best Regards,
[cid:image002.png at 01D7DB16.9ADE6AB0]

BRIAN L. HAYNES, PH.D.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs