[Students] ASUCR Update: Director & Delegate Opportunities

Amy Marie Carrizosa amy.carrizosa at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 7 17:01:11 PDT 2021

ASUCR DIRECTOR OPPORTUNITIES - DEADLINE EXTENSION

Hello Highlanders,

The ASUCR Office of the President is in search of engaged students interested in getting involved. The current positions open are as follows:

Community Service Director
Organization Relations Director

Applications can be found HERE<https://forms.gle/4wds8VLxc8iCRaHA9>. The deadline to apply is September 30th @ 11:59 PM

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at asucrpresident at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrpresident at ucr.edu>.

Best,

William Wang
ASUCR President

POSITIONS OPEN!

Hello Highlanders!

My name is Leslie Estrella and I am the 2021-2022 Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee. Our team is looking for applicants to fill the Student Delegate position this upcoming academic year.

The Student Voice Committee is a non-political committee under the Associated Students of UCR (ASUCR). We are dedicated to improving the student experience at UCR by representing the needs, wants, and desires of our student body to the ASUCR Senate and campus administration. The core of Student Voice is participating in conversations with UCR students to learn about their concerns on a multitude of topics.
We do this via polls, surveys, and case studies. The aggregated research on student opinion is presented to our student government and campus administration. We help ASUCR become more efficient and effective in serving students and execute change via campus-wide projects, campaigns, and more.

The student delegate position includes a variety of tasks such as positively interacting with other students, brainstorming, assisting the team to complete projects for the forward advancement of the group, creating reports and info-graphs, and meeting with ASUCR officials. Some critical traits we look for include listening to other peoples' thoughts, being open to meeting new people, and being a consistent contributor. We hope to work with well-rounded students who can contribute a wide skill set to our team as we are constantly growing and seeking to make an impact.

In this position, you will have access to resources to make a change for all students here at UCR. You'll be part of a team which has been written about in the Highlander newspaper. By being part of this committee you'll have the opportunity to develop interpersonal skills, engage one on one with students, and gain insights on topics and issues that matter. You'll be part of a team that is devoted to making students feel like their voice is being heard and considered.

If you are interested in applying, please check out the following links for the Delegate Job Description <https://docs.google.com/document/d/16Ou-o0e2QLhnPojrZ0MKyPJrOfD85U3mpjYgGYxau4k/edit?usp=sharing>  and Delegate Application <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zlLXJV0j48uODO6Ij2CKubdrcYTdieLrlbs3Z9Gp1UU/edit?usp=sharing> . You can submit your application until Friday, September 24th, at 11:59 p.m. In addition please email me your resume at lestr019 at ucr.edu<mailto:lestr019 at ucr.edu>.

Thank you for your interest! If you have any questions please reach out to asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>.

Student Voice Committee 2021-2022 Board Members:
Chair, Kenady Craig: kcrai010 at ucr.edu<mailto:kcrai010 at ucr.edu>
Vice-Chair, Leslie Estrella: lestr019 at ucr.edu<mailto:lestr019 at ucr.edu>
Personnel Director, Leilani Tull: ltull022 at ucr.edu<mailto:ltull022 at ucr.edu>
Data Analyst, Lauren Flemmer: lflem001 at ucr.edu<mailto:lflem001 at ucr.edu>