[Students] ASUCR Update: Earth Day, Meetings, Etc.

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Apr 5 17:10:48 PDT 2022

HAPPY WEEK 2 HIGHLANDERS!

Hi Highlanders!

I hope you have all had a great start to spring quarter. As Earth Day approaches, GCAP has many events and ways for you to get involved!

Our GCAP Earth Day Festival is on April 22nd from 5-9pm. We will be having live music, speakers, food vendors, an art showcase, giveaways, and more! We will also be having a UC-Wide Climate Strike on Earth Day to urge UCR to stop burning fossil fuels and switch to the grid. If you are interested in helping with planning or outreach for these events, please fill out the forms below.

If you’re interested in finding a carpool buddy or an easier way to find parking on campus this quarter, don’t forget to check out the Pickup N’ Park app. This app is aimed to help students find parking and carpool rides within campus in an effort to improve sustainability, campus connectedness, and student's time and energy getting to school!

Earth Day Art Showcase Sign up: https://forms.gle/btAo2tUtEmPWW3tt9

Earth Day Volunteering Form: https://forms.gle/81qyb4FfUd4pEExr6

UC-Wide Climate Strike Volunteer Form: https://forms.gle/w5TLTnX1XjgCRNXA7

GCAP Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gcapucr/?hl=en

Pick N'Park App: https://apps.apple.com/US/app/id1594903820?mt=8

If you have any question, please reach out to: asucrgcap at ucr.edu

Best,

Alondra Martinez

Vice President of Sustainability

JOIN US FOR THIS WEEK'S SENATE MEETING:

Happy Week 2 Highlanders!

Join us for our second Senate Meeting of the quarter, this Wednesday, 04/06 at 6:30 PM in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221) or on Zoom. If you would like to speak at this week's Senate Meeting, please fill out this sign-up sheet before the Senate Meeting. For information about the Senate Meeting held last week, click on this link. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Mufida Assaf

Executive Vice President

Associated Students, UC Riverside