[Students] ASUCR Update: Committees, Surveys, Elections, Meetings!

Associated Students asucr at ucr.edu
Tue Jan 25 17:05:15 PST 2022

APPLY TO THE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS COMMITTEE:

Hello Highlanders!

We are looking for motivated students hoping to get involved on campus and gain leadership experience!  If you are an international student or interested in international student affairs, be sure to apply and join ASUCR's International Students Committee!

This committee aims to create an encouraging and welcoming environment for international students to become active members of the UCR community. If this sounds like something you would like to be involved in, be sure to apply today!

Link to apply: https://forms.gle/CStE5nJMtadtNcz89

Deadline to apply: Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022, at 11:59PM

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me through the email provided below.

Mario Gonzales Villagrán

International Student Director

asucrinternational at ucr.edu

HAPPY WEEK 4 HIGHLANDERS!

The Student Voice Committee (SVC) is raffling off 10 $20 Amazon Gift Cards!!!!

For a chance to win, complete the following Student Housing Survey. All students, including commuters, are encouraged to complete this survey!

This survey was created to better understand how UCR students feel about the quality of campus housing and what changes students would like to see.

Your participation in completing the survey is very important to us and the survey findings will be presented to the ASUCR Senate, in the hope that improvements are made.

The link to the survey can be found here:

https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a4NtzYbHI0MuysS

Please note, the giveaway is only open to undergraduate students.

If you have any additional survey suggestions or ideas, let us know by filling out the SVC Survey Request Form: https://forms.gle/NHdnEicprbzsspkQ8

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email us at asucrsvc at ucr.edu.

Best,

Leslie S. Estrella

Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee

asucrsvc at ucr.edu

JOIN THE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT GOVERNMENT! APPLY FOR CANDIDACY!

Candidacy for ASUCR Elections 2021 - 2022 has officially opened! You can apply to run for a senatorial seat and represent your college, or to be part of ASUCR's Executive Cabinet (president, vice presidents) or Extended Cabinet (directors). You can find both the Candidacy Packet 2022 and the Candidate Biography 2022 under the Candidacy Paperwork section of the Elections Forms website. https://elections.ucr.edu/

Each and every student has the power to make a difference on our campus. Taking the first step begins with student government. On behalf of ASUCR, the Elections Committee invites you to make a mark on Highlander history and apply for candidacy today!

Best,

Tricia Sarmiento (she/her/hers)

2021 - 2022 ASUCR Elections Director

asucrelections at ucr.edu

JOIN US AT THIS WEEK’S SENATE MEETING:

Good Morning Highlanders and Happy Week 4!

We invite you to join us at our fourth Senate Meeting of this quarter held this Wednesday 1/26, at 6:30 PM, on Zoom.  Please reach out if you have any questions.

Zoom Link for Senate Meeting: https://ucr.zoom.us/j/96337669465

 ASUCR Senate Meeting Agenda #4 (Winter 2022)

Sincerely,

Helen Chu (She/Her/Hers)

ASUCR Senate Secretary

asucrevp at ucr.edu

UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT PARKING SURVEY:

Hello Highlanders! Please take a moment to fill out this survey so that ASUCR may better understand how undergraduate students feel about their parking lot options. Results will stop being collected on Friday, February 4th at 11:59 PM, so tell us your thoughts before the deadline!

Thank you,

Rachel Paredes

ASUCR CNAS Senator

asucr at ucr.edu