[Students] Student resources during times of uncertainty

Vcsa vcsa at ucr.edu
Tue May 31 15:00:22 PDT 2022

Dear Highlanders,
I wish had the answers to make sense of what has happened across our nation. However, the horrific tragedies at Uvlade, Orange County, and Buffalo, are inapprehensible. It seems this has become the new norm in our communities both far and wide. As we do our best to make sense of the ongoing hurt, loss, and chaos, let us take a moment to talk, grieve, and even cry. There is no shame in feeling confused or even scared.
If you or your peers would like help in coping with the ongoing struggles across the nation and the world, please reach out to UCR's Counseling & Psychological Services at (951) 827-5531. Their offices are continuing to provide services via TeleMental Health and in-person appointments. For additional resources, please visit counseling.ucr.edu<https://counseling.ucr.edu/>.
Please continue to keep those who have been affected by the recent tragedies in your heart. Let us never forget that we have the power to create change for the better. Whether it is locally, regionally, or nationally.
Let us all be a light of hope in the days to come.
Please be safe and take care of each other.
Best Regards,
BRIAN L. HAYNES, PH.D.
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Office of the Vice Chancellor