[Students] ASUCR Update for 11/16/2022

Brendan OBrien brendan.obrien at ucr.edu
Wed Nov 16 08:25:09 PST 2022

ASUCR INVITATION: JOIN US FOR THIS WEEK'S SENATE MEETING!

Happy Week 8 Highlanders!

Please join us for our seventh Senate Meeting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xjmEnABhGOsiuA4HX-jDHLE7UhL3NwEBw9PjiUKL9Yk/edit?usp=sharing> of the quarter, this Wednesday (Nov. 16th), at 6:30pm in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221)! For more information about the previous Senate Meeting, please refer to this link<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QY_momhBi6fCqqNPtaJ0g4ns8EkqQsERo9x7HF8dYHM/edit?usp=sharing>.

If you would like to voice a concern to ASUCR or speak during this week's meeting, please fill out this sign-up sheet<https://forms.gle/GgkVnt4Ww1S7TKHZ6> before the Senate Meeting! Feel to reach out if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Myra Usmani (she/her/hers)
Executive Vice President
asucrevp at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrevp at ucr.edu>

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT

[cid:0ef0874d-271b-40f9-a215-2aa23d36ebff][cid:eaa4c20d-056e-4004-80c5-dea607a40a0c]

ASUCR Global Fair on Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 from 5:00 pm-7:00 pm at the Bell Tower

ASUCR Global Fair celebrates the cultural diversity of the student population at UC Riverside. At the event we will have various cultural student organizations like Katipunan, Chinese Student Association, Indian Student Association, Thai Student Union, Khmer Society, and more that will express their cultural heritage and promote their student organizations. Additionally, Costo Hall's Ethnic Student Programs will table as well, providing resources and information about the cultural centers available on campus. The event will also include food, performances, merchandise giveaway, and a cultural fashion show. This event is a great opportunity for students to connect to cultural organizations on campus and join performance groups they are interested in. Please join us for this event and dress up in cultural wear!

------------------------

FROM THE VICE PRESIDENT OF SUSTAINABILITY

Hi Highlanders,

GCAP wishes you have had a great quarter so far. With midterms and finals approaching, we wish you the best of luck. This week, GCAP has a few ways for students to get involved with sustainability and water safety.

Our GCAP Brita Filter Exchange Program is continuing this week. You can bring your Brita filter and exchange it for a new one anytime between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the ASUCR office (Located on the second floor of the HUB). Place your used Brita filter in our GCAP Brita Box. Feel free to exchange your Brita filter at tabling on Wednesdays from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

We are also excited to announce our Thrift Swap Event! Please donate clothes in good condition to the ASUCR office anytime between 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the ASUCR office (Located on the second floor of the HUB), or on Wednesday tabling from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM. The last day to donate is Wednesday, November 16th. To participate in the Thrift Swap, you can donate up to five gently used items. The Thrift Swap event is on Thursday, November 17th from 4-5:30 pm at the Bears Den.

Learn more about our upcoming events on our Instagram (@gcapucr). If you have any questions, please reach out to asucrgcap at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrgcap at ucr.edu>.

BRENDAN O'BRIEN (he/him/his)

Assistant Dean of Students and Director, Highlander Union Building (HUB Operations)

University of California, Riverside

900 University Ave.

HUB 353

Riverside, CA 92521

Phone: (951) 827-7859  |  Email: brendan.obrien at ucr.edu<mailto:brendan.obrien at ucr.edu>

Website: hub.ucr.edu | Twitter: @ucrhub

[cid:e8c0454b-4624-4fd2-9a4d-ac96bd332ceb]