[Students] Search Announcement - Vice Provost & Dean of Graduate Studies

Provost provost at ucr.edu
Tue Oct 11 10:20:53 PDT 2022

Dear Campus Community,
I write to announce the launch of a national search for the Vice Provost & Dean of Gradute Studies<https://provost.ucr.edu/vice-provost-dean-graduate-studies>. The search officially launched on October 4, and we are encouraging prospective candidates to submit their materials no later than 11:59 p.m. (PST) on November 6. Should you wish to submit candidate nominations, please do so via email to Tanya Adams, Director of Human Resources, at tanya.adams at ucr.edu<mailto:tanya.adams at ucr.edu>. We hope to bring finalist candidates for campus visits in late December. Updates will be made available throughout the search process on the Executive Searches<https://provost.ucr.edu/vice-provost-dean-graduate-studies> website.
I am also pleased to announce the search advisory committee for the next Vice Provost & Dean of Graduate Studies:
Steven Mandeville-Gamble, University Librarian (Chair)
Khaleel Abdul-Razak, Professor of Psychology
Katherine Borkovich, Divisional Dean of Life Sciences
Kevin Esterling, Professor of Political Science and Public Policy
Perla Fabelo, Graduate Student Services Advisor III
Andrea Gonzales, Financial Operations Manager
Gloria Gonzalez-Rivera, Professor, CHASS
Hilary Jenks, Director, Graduate Success
Ryan Julian, Professor of Chemistry
Mariam Lam, Vice Chancellor for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Chief Diversity Officer (AACL)
Dena Plemmons, Director, Research Ethics & Education Program
Victoria Reyes, Associate Professor, Gender & Sexuality Studies
Rosanne Rosenthal, Graduate Student Association
Amit Roy-Chowdhury, Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering
Christiane Weirauch, Professor of Entomology
Your willingness to provide feedback, along with input from other campus constituents, and the search committee, helps to shape the overall picture and ideal candidate characteristics for this vital campus leadership position.
I look forward to broad campus and community participation as we embark upon this important search.
Sincerely,
Liz
Elizabeth Watkins, PhD (she / her / hers)
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Professor of History
University of California, Riverside
951.827.1129 | Elizabeth.Watkins at UCR.edu<mailto:Elizabeth.Watkins at UCR.edu>