[Students] ASUCR Weekly Updates

Amy Marie Carrizosa amy.carrizosa at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 27 17:14:21 PDT 2022

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS

2022-2023 Academic Year!

We are looking for passionate students interested in getting involved in any of the following committees! If you are interested, apply through the links below.

  *   Basic Needs Committee<https://forms.gle/BnSrD4tW9Rmw2Jm8A>
  *   Academic Affairs Committee<https://forms.gle/CH2xEirkNFh8ZYEq8>
  *   Sexual Harassment & Sexual Violence Prevention <https://forms.gle/4BKBCQnzGGVcMqA76>

Students, if you are interested in chairing the Academic Affairs Committee apply through this link,

  *   Commissioner of Academic Affairs<https://forms.gle/YWBonibu36QnR5d48>

* All apps are due Tuesday October 4th
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.
asucrinternal at ucr.edu <mailto:asucrinternal at ucr.edu>
jnass003 at ucr.edu<mailto:jnass003 at ucr.edu>

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT

JOIN US FOR THIS WEEK'S SENATE MEETING!

Happy Fall Quarter Highlanders!

Join us for our first<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-MrORvPD8a2XVLFG9p1MfihJSRYqbCCTtXmcTfAg_o/edit?usp=sharing> Senate Meeting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-MrORvPD8a2XVLFG9p1MfihJSRYqbCCTtXmcTfAg_o/edit?usp=sharing> of the quarter, this Wednesday at 6:30 PM in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221). If you would like to speak at this week's Senate Meeting, please fill out this sign-up sheet<https://forms.gle/GmVqMvSxEBPy3a1w5> before the Senate Meeting. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Myra Usmani
Executive Vice President

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE ASUCR PRESIDENT

Hello Highlanders!!

I hope you are all doing well and are excited for the upcoming school year to begin! If you are interested in ways to become more involved with ASUCR, here are two new opportunities for you to apply for!

ASUCR: Community Service Ad-Hoc Committee<https://forms.gle/Dv7uMCYaxGYAEGi89>

ASUCR: Alumni Relations Committee<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd2Ir8X2dsKYkwBHviFYn--2rrOzp72Eyw85biXHFTANljgMw/viewform?usp=sf_link>

If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out :) Thank you so much and have a great rest of your week!

Sincerely,

Mufida Assaf

--

Sincerely,

Sarah Tran

ASUCR EVP Chief of Staff

Associated Students | University of California, Riverside

Hi Highlanders,

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer! I am looking for individuals who are interested in joining the HUB Governing Board.

The Highlander Union is managed by a student governing board that is advisory to the Chancellor through the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs. The Highlander Union Governing Board (HUB Board) consists of seven undergraduate students, two graduate students, one faculty member, one staff member, the HUB Director (ex-officio non-voting), and the Chancellor or their designate (ex-officio non-voting).

The HUB Board is responsible for:

- Developing all facility operations policies, approving all budgetary aspects (including annual budget, usage fees, etc.)

- Developing usage policies for the facilities and approving special event requests

- Providing comments on HUB Programming, initiatives, operations, etc

- Approving an annual report developed by the HUB facility detailing the fiscal and management operations of the facility to the Chancellor and students.

Attached is the application<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UQaYIGIdcggH8rYmIIKKJOSsP_zaZzcFAEBU-6E62Jw/viewform?edit_requested=true> to apply! If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Have a wonderful rest of your summer :)

Sincerely,

Mufida Assaf

President

Email: massa008 at ucr.edu<mailto:massa008 at ucr.edu>

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE ASUCR VICE PRESIDENT OF EXTERNAL AFFAIRS

Hello Highlanders!

Do you see yourself representing UCR students on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C., the State Capitol in Sacramento, or even Riverside City Hall? You will be able to do this in all these spaces if you join the Legislative Advocacy Committee (Lobby Corps committee) as part of the ASUCR Office of External Affairs, no experience needed! We train all of our members and offer them the proper support and resources so they can be well-versed on legislative text and legislative processes. We get to meet with legislators at a local, state, and federal levels, and we represent not only UCR, but students from the University of California, and our respective identities. University students should have a say in decisions and legislation that directly affects them, and by joining this committee you will be able to make impactful influences on legislators and decision-making institutions.

This year we are excited to announce that we will be focusing on a handful of exciting campaigns such as financial aid reform, disability justice, divestment from the 30-meter telescope in Mauna Kea, and many more! Join our committee by using the link below no later than October 3, 2022, we will send the meeting location and more information once the quarter begins. We accept applications on a rolling basis. Attendance is important, the more you attend our meetings, you will have a higher chance to be selected to lobby in person in Sacramento and/or Washington D.C.

What are you waiting for? Apply today!

Link: https://bit.ly/JoinASUCRGR

DEADLINE: October 3, 2022, 11:59 PM

Best Regards,

Angel Renteria (He/Him)

ASUCR External Affairs

Government Relations Director

ASUCR’S External Affairs Office is currently seeking students to join the Highlander Action Committee Board for the 2022- 2023 academic year!!

More specifically, we, Jiho Ahn and Genevieve Ortiz, as Campus Organizing Directors would love to invite you all to partake in the important work there is to be done on campus! Our job as Organizing Directors is to manage and promote campus-wide student activism with the help of the Highlander Action Committee — a passionate group that utilizes social media, connection building, and mobilization tactics to uplift communities’ voices and the work of the External Office. As a member of HAC, you will have the opportunity to connect with other students while working towards creating change in our community!

If you feel dedicated to organizing around issues that are important to US as students and members of our community, please read the position descriptions below and apply now!

Organizing Assistant Director: assist directors with logistics and play an overarching supporting role
Programming Coordinator: create and help coordinate workshops on activist and advocacy topics
Mobilization Coordinator: oversee our actions and protests, their mechanics and implementation
Social Media Coordinator: manage committee’s social media, liaison between our efforts and the campus community

If you have ever wanted to get involved with the ASUCR External Office, or ASUCR in general, joining HAC is a great way to get started and there is plenty of room for growth! There is no experience required for our board positions so don't hesitate to apply!

Board Member Application: https://forms.gle/ypzJuF1WrPmEaxTV8

General Interest Form: https://forms.gle/cEfCD9GrFYmCsZiz5

We are accepting applications for general members on a rolling basis and accepting applications for our board until September 30th at 11:59pm!

Best always,

Genevieve Ortiz | (she/her)

B.A. Sociology '23 | University of California, Riverside

Director of Communications | ASUCR External Affairs

Co-Campus Organizing Director | UC Student Association

Vice President Elect | Sigma Pi Alpha Beta Chapter

For scheduling, please contact gorti011 at ucr.edu<mailto:gorti011 at ucr.edu>

JOIN THE SEXUAL HARASSMENT AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE PREVENTION COMMITTEE:

Hello Highlanders!

We are looking for students interested in getting involved in a committee focused on building sexual harassment/violence, domestic violence and stalking prevention efforts on campus. If you are interested, come apply for ASUCR's Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Prevention Committee!

This committee will work to ensure students and staff feel safer on and off campus while having their voices heard. If you are interested in making positive changes at UCR, then this is the right committee for you!

The link to the application: https://forms.gle/4BKBCQnzGGVcMqA76

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the Commissioner, Leilani Tull, at: ltull002 at ucr.edu<mailto:ltull002 at ucr.edu>

--

Leilani Tull

Sexual Harassment & Sexual Violence Prevention Chairperson

ASUCR Student Voice Committee Chairperson

Center for Healthy Communities (CHC) | UCR School of Medicine

Cell, Molecular, Developmental Biology | B.S 2024

STUDENT VOICE COMMITTEE POSITIONS OPEN!

Hello Highlanders!

My name is Brian Gao, and I am the 2022-2023 Vice-Chair of the Student Voice Committee. Our team is looking for applicants to fill the Student Delegate position this upcoming academic year.

The Student Voice Committee is a non-political committee under the Associated Students of UCR (ASUCR). We are dedicated to improving the student experience at UCR by representing the needs, wants, and desires of our student body to the ASUCR Senate and campus administration. The core of Student Voice is participating in conversations with UCR students to learn about their concerns on a multitude of topics.

We do this via polls, surveys, and case studies. The aggregated research on student opinion is presented to our student government and campus administration. We help ASUCR become more efficient and effective in serving students and execute change via campus-wide projects, campaigns, and more.

Role descriptions are included below, and in the application.

If you are interested in applying, please check out the following links for the Delegate Job Description<https://docs.google.com/document/d/16Ou-o0e2QLhnPojrZ0MKyPJrOfD85U3mpjYgGYxau4k/edit?usp=sharing> and Delegate Application<https://forms.gle/hWfH4s9H5TwV2NiZ7>. You can submit your application until Friday, September 30th, at 11:59 p.m. This is the last week for applications!

Thank you for your interest! If you have any questions, please reach out to asucrsvc at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrsvc at ucr.edu>.

Student Voice Committee 2022-2023 Board Members:

Chair, Leilani Tull: ltull002 at ucr.edu<mailto:ltull002 at ucr.edu>

Vice-Chair, Brian Gao: bgao015 at ucr.edu<mailto:bgao015 at ucr.edu>

Personnel Director, Natalie Shok: nshok004 at ucr.edu<mailto:nshok004 at ucr.edu>

Data Analyst, Samarth Srinivasa: ssrin027 at ucr.edu<mailto:ssrin027 at ucr.edu>

Amy Carrizosa

Interim Executive Director

Financial Operations Manager

[cid:f6e489db-6c06-4395-92a4-34ba82d4dedc]

951-827-4128 | 951-827-6358 Fax

900 University Avenue

202B Highlander Union Building

Riverside CA 92521