[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for Week of January 17th

Brendan OBrien brendan.obrien at ucr.edu
Tue Jan 17 16:17:02 PST 2023

ASUCR INVITATION: Join Us For This Wednesday's Senate Meeting

Happy Week 2 Highlanders!

Please join us for our 2nd Senate Meeting<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DdpyrmWiQRqqFNZF0j6Y9KXhg-aVF8JXKW65JeEhOmU/edit?usp=share_link> of Winter '23, this Wednesday (Jan. 18), at 7:00pm in the ASUCR Senate Chambers (HUB 221)! For more information about the previous Senate Meeting, please refer to this link<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lXs3xwf4uD5QCH36ByJe8Ro5vux9BnHjpZ6bbpo74V4/edit?usp=share_link>.

If you would like to voice a concern to ASUCR or speak during this week's meeting, please fill out this sign-up sheet<https://forms.gle/GgkVnt4Ww1S7TKHZ6> before the Senate Meeting! Feel to reach out if you have any questions!

Sincerely,

Myra Usmani (she/her/hers)
Executive Vice President
asucrevp at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrevp at ucr.edu>

------
FROM THE ASUCR JUDICIAL COUNCIL

Hello Everyone!

I am pleased to announce the reopening of Elections Director Applications (paid position)! Are you interested in conducting fair and accessible elections for the student body? Want to select and be in charge of your own committee? Are you interested in joining the Executive Cabinet of ASUCR? With the help of the Judicial Council, look no further than the Elections Director's application, DUE this SUNDAY January 22nd @ 11:59 pm.

https://forms.gle/Yoe1SeiDCpDh4SGp6

The Judicial Council would also like to formally invite you all to our second open session, general meeting, Tuesday, January 24th @ 5:00 pm in the Senate Chambers! This is the first year the Judicial Council has opened its doors; come share your ideas with the Council, deliver public comments, and learn about the Judiciary processes and goals of ASUCR. Pre Law students, clubs and organizations looking to collaborate or get involved are highly encouraged to attend. We also have an Associate Justice position open; attending these open session meetings are the perfect way to see how the Council operates and give your application something unique! These open session meetings will continue to occur at our first meeting of every month. We will also be discussing the implementation of a General Advocate, another exceptional position that sits within the Council and has an ex officio vote.

This is truly an exceptional, and exciting time for the Judiciary Branch and we hope to see you all there! To create an agenda item, questions or concerns email us at asucrjustice at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrjustice at ucr.edu>

Lastly, follow us on Instagram at asucrjudicial for all the latest updates on all things Judicial!

Cordially,
--
Alexandra Arias (she/her)
Chief Justice | ASUCR Judicial Council

-------

FROM THE LABOR RELATIONS COMMITTEE

As we come back from winter break, the Labor Relations Committee continues to look for potential board members. This includes coordinators and general board members. Position details are included in the App. If you are interested in learning more about labor organization and how to impact the undergraduate worker experience, be sure to apply within the link below, deadlines have been extended to this Friday, the 20th! If you have any questions regarding applications, be sure to email me as well.

Apply HERE<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zGNVxvsbs45zj2hEA9hg_eCnksl0DhDFduQ3NKDMw-c/edit>

Sincerely,

George Jimenez

LRC Director

gjime041 at ucr.edu<mailto:gjime041 at ucr.edu>

---

Associate Justice Position - Application Open

Hello Highlanders,

We are currently looking for passionate students to join ASUCR as members of the Judicial council. There is currently an open position for Associate Justice. If you are interested in law, justice, and political science, and want to get involved on campus by serving as an Associate Justice on the Judicial Council, then this is a great opportunity for you.

Click Here To Apply<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdRTacMMk12G-N7rypsciH1bW966TBP9JzJKkAREceG_FAwJg/viewform>

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
asucrpresident at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrpresident at ucr.edu>

Cooper Proulx
ASUCR Chief of Staff
2022-2023

---
FROM THE OFFICE OF THE CHASS SENATORS

Know What You Owe in Student Loans Workshop:

Please join SPP Senator Sean Nguyen, CHASS Senator Jules Yang, and UCR's Financial Wellness Program in learning more about the Student Loan Repayment Process. This workshop provides a comprehensive and stress-relieving overview of the loan repayment process.  We will examine loan exit requirements, knowing your loan amounts, the repayment process, and more.  Specifically, this workshop examines different repayment plans, consolidation and loan forgiveness programs provided by the federal government. In addition, the workshop will discuss post-graduation life events including entering the workforce with a salary/benefits discussion.

Food will be provided!

When: February 1st, 2023 at 1:00 PM
Where: HUB 268

BRENDAN O'BRIEN (he/him/his)

Assistant Dean of Students and Director, Highlander Union Building (HUB Operations)

Interim Executive Director, Associated Students of UCR

University of California, Riverside

900 University Ave.

HUB 353

Riverside, CA 92521

Phone: (951) 827-7859  |  Email: brendan.obrien at ucr.edu<mailto:brendan.obrien at ucr.edu>

Website: hub.ucr.edu | Twitter: @ucrhub

[cid:155cdc53-b54e-48d0-a6cc-8904f7d94c97]