[Ucrfacultyandstaff] Interim AVC/CIO Appointment

Provost provost at ucr.edu
Mon Nov 23 18:31:48 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

As you may know, David Gracey, Interim Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Information Officer (AVC/CIO), will be leaving us on November 30th.

Beginning Tuesday, December 1st, Josh Bright will take up the position of Interim AVC/CIO.

Josh has broad experience in IT involving project management, enterprise system development, support, and technical infrastructure. He has spent nearly two decades at UCR, first as a doctoral student earning his Ph.D. and then for over 14 years as a staff member in our ITS department. Josh has a proven track record of campus collaboration and a lengthy history of significant successes within ITS. These include leading numerous major deployments such as the HR Data Warehouse, iRecruit, Grad SIS, UC Path, and others, as well as facilitating the development of our current campus IT shared governance. Josh is well prepared to lead ITS until a permanent CIO is recruited.

I would also like to thank Vice Chancellors Brian Haynes, Rodolfo Torres, and Gerry Bomotti for their input on the interim AVC/CIO search committee.

Best,

Tom

Thomas M Smith, Ph.D.
Interim Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Professor of Education
4148 Hinderaker Hall
University of California, Riverside
•: 951.827.1129 | •: provost at ucr.edu<mailto:provost at ucr.edu>