[Ucrfacultyandstaff] Passing of Christina Cicchetti

Provost provost at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 24 07:53:17 PST 2021

Dear Campus Community,

It is with deep sadness that I write to inform you of UCR librarian Christina Cicchetti’s passing on Sunday, February 21, 2021.

At UCR, Christina was well-known as a supportive and caring colleague. She worked with faculty and students across campus through library outreach, instruction, research services, and collection development. She had an impressive commitment to service and fostered strong partnerships across our campus. Please read more about her life, her work at UCR, and the impact she had on the library community in the attached announcement.

A gentle reminder that our Faculty Staff Assistance Program<https://hr.ucr.edu/employee-resources/faculty-and-staff-assistance-program> offers free and confidential grief and loss counseling for those who may need it.

Christina will be deeply missed. Please keep her family and friends in your thoughts as they go through this difficult time.

Sincerely,

Tom

Thomas M. Smith, Ph.D.
Interim Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
4148 Hinderaker Hall
University of California, Riverside
🕿: 951.827.1129 | 🖂: provost at ucr.edu<mailto:provost at ucr.edu>