[Ucrfacultyandstaff] Five-Year Leadership Review for Dean of CNAS, Kathryn Uhrich

Provost provost at ucr.edu
Mon Jan 11 11:47:36 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues.

I am writing to confirm the completion of the five-year review for Dean of the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS), Dr. Kathryn Uhrich, and to announce her reappointment for another term as Dean.

Dean Uhrich has exercised notable leadership during the past five years, including growing the research enterprise, leading the successful effort to bring $100M in funding to CNAS during our recently concluded Living the Promise Campaign, and navigating the college through the pandemic.  Feedback provided through the review process has highlighted areas where Dean Uhrich can improve her leadership.  CNAS faculty and staff will be receiving an email from Dr. Uhrich later today describing how she plans to address this feedback.

I would like to thank the members of the confidential review committee for their hard work in conducting the review, as well as all of our campus community members who submitted feedback including students, staff, faculty, and campus stakeholders.  Providing thoughtful feedback on leadership reviews shows a great commitment to the future of UCR.

Tom

Thomas M. Smith, Ph.D.
Interim Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
4148 Hinderaker Hall
University of California, Riverside
•: 951.827.1129 | •: provost at ucr.edu<mailto:provost at ucr.edu>