[Ucrfacultyandstaff] UC Systemwide Power Reduction Request

Facilities facilities at ucr.edu
Fri Jul 9 20:31:47 PDT 2021

Dear Campus Community,

The Governor of California has called for a reduction in electrical consumption due to electrical supply issues across the state. UC President Drake has extended this request across the UC system. In addition, a request from Riverside Public Utilities (RPU) is also being put into place.

Facilities Services is currently taking measures to lower power use at our Central Plant while limiting the impact to campus. If the duration of this request is extended or we receive direction to further limit power use, we will provide updates to any impacted locations. Until then, we strongly encourage anyone on campus to partner with us and reduce power usage as much as possible to support this state and UC system-wide request.

For information on Flex Alerts, and to get more electricity conservation tips, visit the Flex Alert website<http://www.flexalert.org/>.

Thank you for your participation,

[2020-07-06_15-54-13]Facilities Services