[Ucrfacultyandstaff] Events and Gatherings on Campus

Communications communications at ucr.edu
Mon Sep 20 14:31:02 PDT 2021

Dear Campus Community,

As we approach the beginning of fall quarter and expanded in-person operations, we are utilizing the below guiding principles to make decisions about a broad range of topics, including events and gatherings on campus:

·         Prioritize the health and safety of all members of our campus community.

·         Extend in-person education and meaningful student engagement to the greatest extent possible.

·         Balance consistent decision-making at the campus level with appropriate flexibility at the organization/department level.

·         Communicate clearly with the campus community.

·         Prepare to adapt to ever-changing conditions.

Though more than 90% of our campus population has been vaccinated, we have seen COVID-19 infections rise across the county in the last two months. To balance between these two contrasting facts, campus leaders have elected to minimize the number of non-essential, in-person events, gatherings, and meetings on campus for now. All events sponsored by a UCR affiliate whether on or off campus must be approved by the organization head before proceeding. Each organization head should determine the process for review and approval.

If you are planning to host or attend events on campus, please review the Events and Gatherings guidelines<https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/events-gatherings> on campusreturn.ucr.edu<https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/>. Here you will find information about capacity limits, food and beverage, visitors, and other requirements. Depending on the event audience, another important link may be visitorwellnesscheck.ucr.edu<https://visitorwellnesscheck.ucr.edu>.

As we have all come to learn during the pandemic, conditions and public health guidance may change. Thank you for your flexibility and for all you are doing to support a healthy and safe return to campus this fall.

Sincerely,

Kim A. Wilcox,
Chancellor