[Ucrfacultyandstaff] Power outage on campus

Facilities facilities at ucr.edu
Wed Dec 28 08:02:54 PST 2022

Dear UCR Campus Community,

Early this morning, Riverside Public Utilities, or RPU, lost power to a transformer serving the campus, impacting one of our main switches. Power is resumed to campus with the exception of Lot 30 and the recycling yard, which should return power today.

Our central plant was also impacted, but staff working on site were able to bring the plant back online quickly.

Although power has been restored from the temporary outage, Facilities Services is partnering with RPU to assess the impact and RPU is estimating a full repair within 1-2 business days.

If you are on campus this morning and notice any lingering issues, please email us at facilities at ucr.edu<mailto:facilities at ucr.edu> as we are monitoring emails throughout the day.

Thank you,

Facilities Services
facilities.ucr.edu