[Ucrfacultyandstaff] Vice Chancellor and Dean Deborah Deas

Elizabeth Watkins elizabeth.watkins at ucr.edu
Tue Feb 15 15:47:09 PST 2022

Dear Campus Community,

I am delighted to announce the successful conclusion of Deborah Deas’s five-year senior leadership review. Deborah has served as UCR’s Vice Chancellor and Dean of the School of Medicine since 2016. Since then, she has led the school through its successful LCME accreditation, partnered with the campus administration to substantially improve the school’s finances, and helped to grow the school in multiple dimensions – including its faculty, staff, and student numbers, research funding, philanthropic support, and clinical enterprise. The support expressed for Deborah’s continued leadership from both internal and external constituencies was overwhelmingly positive. Please join me in thanking Deborah for her leadership thus far and in wishing her continued success as Vice Chancellor and Dean of our School of Medicine.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth Watkins
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor