[Ucrfacultyandstaff] Search Announcement - Vice Provost & Dean of Undergraduate Education

Provost provost at ucr.edu
Tue Sep 27 09:48:35 PDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,
I write to announce the launch of a national search for the Vice Provost & Dean of Undergraduate Education (VPDUE)<https://provost.ucr.edu/vice-provost-dean-undergraduate-education-search>. The search officially launched on September 21, and we are encouraging prospective candidates to submit their materials no later than 11:59 p.m. (PST) on October 16. Should you wish to submit candidate nominations, please do so via email to Tanya Adams, Director of Human Resources, at tanya.adams at ucr.edu<mailto:tanya.adams at ucr.edu>. We hope to bring finalist candidates for campus visits in December. Updates will be made available throughout the search process on the Executive Searches<https://provost.ucr.edu/vice-provost-dean-undergraduate-education-search> website. During this search process, Associate Provost Ken Baerenklau will continue to serve in the interim role until a new VPDUE is appointed.
I am also pleased to announce the search advisory committee for the next Vice Provost & Dean of Undergraduate Education:
Shaun Bowler, Dean, Graduate Division (Chair)
Rena Burton, Director, Academic Resource Center
Sean Cason, Chief Financial & Administrative Officer, Undergraduate Education
Johnathan Chun, Associated Students of UCR
Wallace Cleaves, Associate Professor and Associate Director, University Writing Program
Emily Engelschall, Associate Vice Chancellor, Enrollment Services
Gladis Herrera-Berkowitz, Director, Undergraduate Education
Rebecca Hutchins, Associate CIO
Ryan Lipinski, Director, CHASS Majors Advising
Amy Litt, Associate Professor, Botany and Plant Sciences
Morris Maduro, Professor and Chair, Biology
Barry Mishra, Professor, Accounting
Marko Princevac, Vice Provost for International Affairs
Chinya Ravishankar, Professor, Computer Science & Engineering
Christina Schwenkel, Professor, Anthropology
Stefano Vidussi, Professor and Divisional Dean for Physical Sciences and Mathematics, CNAS
Your willingness to provide feedback, along with input from other campus constituents, and the search committee, helps to shape the overall picture and ideal candidate characteristics for this vital campus leadership position.
I look forward to broad campus and community participation as we embark upon this important search.
Sincerely,
Liz
Elizabeth Watkins, PhD (she / her / hers)
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor
Professor of History
University of California, Riverside
951.827.1129 | Elizabeth.Watkins at UCR.edu<mailto:Elizabeth.Watkins at UCR.edu>