[Ucrfacultyandstaff] [Campus Notice] Network Service Disruption Affecting Telephone and Some Network Services

UCR Information Technology Solutions its at ucr.edu
Wed Jul 5 08:14:42 PDT 2023

Highlander Community,

Please be advised that an unexpected power outage is resulting in the
disruption of general campus phone services, as well as network disruptions
at the following locations:

   -

   Aberdeen-Inverness Residence Hall
   -

   Agricultural Operations
   -

   Arts
   -

   Bannockburn
   -

   Chicago
   -

   Heckmann
   -

   Hinderaker Hall
   -

   Housing Administration
   -

   Humanities
   -

   Materials Science and Engineering
   -

   Multidisciplinary Research Building
   -

   Riverside County Data Center
   -

   Rubidoux
   -

   Sproul
   -

   UCPD
   -

   University Village

As a result, general campus telephone services are unavailable and users in
the above locations are currently unable to access network services,
including internet and Zoom Phone Services.

Please note that Zoom Phone Services remain operational for all other
buildings. Importantly, 911 services remain operational for all of campus.

ITS is currently coordinating with Facilities and Riverside Public
Utilities to restore power and network services as quickly as possible.

Please visit techalerts.ucr.edu, where we will continue to keep campus
updated on the status of this issue until it is resolved.

We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to get system services
restored.

Information Technology Solutions

University of California, Riverside

*Please Note: This email account is not monitored by ITS staff. If you
require technical support, please take one of the following actions:*

   - Visit the ITS website at its.ucr.edu to find self-help articles,
   submit and track support tickets, request IT services, and more.
   - For live support, you can contact the BearHelp helpdesk during normal
   business hours (M-F, 8am-5pm) at 951-827-4848