[Ucrfacultyandstaff] [Campus Notice] Network Service Disruption Affecting Satellite Campus Locations

UCR Information Technology Solutions its at ucr.edu
Wed Jun 7 19:19:42 PDT 2023

Highlander Community,

Please be advised that the following campus locations are currently
experiencing an unexpected network service disruption:

   -

   Intellicenter
   -

   California Museum of Photography
   -

   Culver Center
   -

   Biological Science Lab (BSL3P)
   -

   Center for Environmental Research and Technology (Ce-Cert)

As a result, users in these locations are currently unable to access
network services, including Internet and telephone services.

Upon investigation of this service issue, ITS discovered that an intruder
broke into a UCR network facility and cut the fiber-optic cable that
supports these services. UCPD and the City of Riverside were contacted to
report the incident and request service restoration.

City technicians will be on site at 6:30 AM tomorrow, June 8, to perform
repairs. We have been advised that the repair work may take a few hours.

Please visit techalerts.ucr.edu, where we will continue to keep campus
updated on the status of this issue until it is resolved.

We appreciate your patience as we work diligently to get system services
restored.

Information Technology Solutions

University of California, Riverside