[Ucrfacultyandstaff] WATCH: Welcoming Highlanders with some very hot wings

UCR Chancellor chancellor at ucr.edu
Mon Sep 21 13:31:02 PDT 2026


Dear colleagues,

Our students are back. I know you’re as excited as I am to welcome them.

Earlier, I sent students a welcome message linking to Hot Scots, a webisode
with UCR student Brooke Jamieson. She put me to the test in our take on the
popular YouTube interview show Hot Ones. She brought the questions. Our
famed eatery, The Barn, brought the wings.

We talked about UCR, my student days, and my hopes for our students, all
while the sauces got hotter.

There was even a sauce made with a 7 Pot Primo pepper.

Watch Hot Scots to see what happened
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8p0okA6HnY>.

As a leading institution for student success, extending a warm welcome to
our students matters. Thank you for all you’re doing in these first few
days and the weeks ahead to help our students feel at home, access
resources, and succeed at UCR.

Here’s to a great year,

S. Jack Hu, Ph.D.
Chancellor
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://scotmail.ucr.edu/pipermail/ucrfacultyandstaff/attachments/20260921/b2d0f9f9/attachment.htm>


More information about the Ucrfacultyandstaff mailing list