[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for 2/5-2/9

Asha Nettles asha.nettles at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 7 10:29:58 PST 2024

[signature_2819833611]

>From the Office of ASUCR Elections:
Howdy Highlanders!

The Elections Candidacy Application deadline has been EXTENDED to FEBRUARY 9th at 11:59 pm. Don't pass up on this opportunity to be a part of ASUCR and represent the needs and voices of UCR students. Become a part of the most well-known on-campus organization and ignite positive change on campus!

Never campaigned before? First time running? No problem! The ASUCR Elections Committee is committed to providing adequate resources and training for all candidates to provide all students with an accessible and positive campaign experience. Receive basic training in marketing, public speaking, and more!

Don't pass up on this opportunity-- APPLY TODAY! <https://forms.gle/q5kM4MZeE1f4iTg97>

Send comments, questions, or concerns to Elections Director Alexandra Arias aaria043 at ucr.edu<mailto:aaria043 at ucr.edu>

[cid:image002.png at 01DA599C.B197D960]
[cid:image003.png at 01DA599C.B197D960]
[cid:image004.png at 01DA599C.B197D960]

Alexandra Arias (she/her/ella)

Elections Director | Associated Students of UCR

________________________________
>From the Office of the President and International Students:
 Calling all students!
As we start the winter quarter, the ASUCR Student Life and International Students Committee is excited to announce the ASUCR Global Fair! Mark your calendars for Friday, February 23rd, from 4-7pm, and join us at the Bell Tower to be immersed in performances, fashion shows, and more for your entertainment.
All cultures, organizations, and students are welcome to this event! Whether you're part of an organization or want to represent your culture, this fair is your stage. In the midst of the Winter quarter hustle, we hope that the global fair helps you unwind, so rest back and enjoy. If you would like to perform at the event, please fill out this form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkaQ343GrzODPEPzPZ099Ji-WYzZa0vvcQpWv7oEUEEMk0yQ/viewform> or email us at asucrpresident at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrpresident at ucr.edu>. We look forward to seeing you there!

[cid:image005.jpg at 01DA599C.B197D960]

________________________________
>From the Office of the ASUCR President:

Hi UCR Students,

Hi UCR Students!
In celebration of Black History Month, we are excited to collaborate with African Student Programs! Please take a look at this flyer for upcoming events and stay tuned to these instagram accounts for more info regarding these events: @aspucr, @asucr, and @asucr_president.

Thank you and we hope to see you at R' events!

Best,
Faith Osaji
Freshman Fellow (Office of the President)

[Red and Yellow Modern Black History Month Poster.png]
ASUCR Students.
Your voice matters and your input has been the catalyst for change! So if you have any questions or ideas you'd like to see implemented, please feel free to email asucrpresident at ucr.edu or fill out our Anonymous Student Feedback Form: https://tinyurl.com/ucrfeedback

We're here to empower you and greatly appreciate your feedback so please don't hesitate to reach out. Take care and stay warm during this rainy season!

Best,
Ankita Ahluwalia
ASUCR President

[signature_2819833611]