[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for 2/12 - 2/14

Asha Nettles asha.nettles at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 14 08:21:43 PST 2024

[signature_2819833611]

>From the Office of President Pro Tempore:

Hi Highlanders!

ASUCR would like to invite you to join us for our Research Expo Event "Find Your Research Match"! Join us this WEDNESDAY at HUB 302 from 11-2:30 PM on February 14th in exploring paid research programs on campus and network with professors in your field. There will be free lunch provided so make sure to mark this on your calendar so you can stop by!

[Find Your Research Match (3).png]

Hi Highlanders!

Hope you are all having a good day. Legislative Review Committee is an ASUCR committee that oversees all legislation being sent to the Senate. Meetings are held from 3-4 PM on Fridays on Zoom. All students submitting legislation are welcome to come.

If you are wondering what legislation is, we have an infographic explaining more info!

If you have any piece of legislation that you would like sent please submit it in this link<https://forms.gle/uLUdhncS9ZttsVbu7> by Thursday 11:59 PM each week, or if you have ideas feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to answer any questions, comments, or concerns.

LRC also keeps track of all legislation being passed with the Legislation Tracker Sheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Ugv5zZfJYu068j0Y0ZO1Z-_cmj0epOb5WPsdO0L24o/edit#gid=2001696936>. This will keep track of the progress of legislation as it passes from LRC to the Senate floor, alongside the vote counts, authors, and summaries for each one. We hope this helps with transparency and gives good insight to what the Senate does each week.

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email me at achoy012 at ucr.edu<mailto:achoy012 at ucr.edu> or come to my office hours at the ASUCR office. Have a great day!

[c4d3974367e74d4291926909d55f372c.jpeg]

Abby Choy (she/her/hers)
President Pro Tempore & CNAS Senator
achoy012 at ucr.edu<mailto:achoy012 at ucr.edu>
Winter In-person Office Hours:
Mondays/Wednesdays 1 PM to 2 PM

________________________________

>From the Office of the President:
Hi UCR Students,

Your voice matters and your input has been the catalyst for change! So if you have any questions or ideas you'd like to see implemented, please feel free to email asucrpresident at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrpresident at ucr.edu> or fill out our Anonymous Student Feedback Form: https://tinyurl.com/ucrfeedback

We're here to empower you and greatly appreciate your feedback so please don't hesitate to reach out. Take care and stay warm during this rainy season!

Best,
Ankita Ahluwalia
ASUCR President

>From the Office of the President and International Students:
 Calling all students!
As we start the winter quarter, the ASUCR Student Life and International Students Committee is excited to announce the ASUCR Global Fair! Mark your calendars for Friday, February 23rd, from 4-7pm, and join us at the Bell Tower to be immersed in performances, fashion shows, and more for your entertainment.
All cultures, organizations, and students are welcome to this event! Whether you're part of an organization or want to represent your culture, this fair is your stage. In the midst of the Winter quarter hustle, we hope that the global fair helps you unwind, so rest back and enjoy. If you would like to perform at the event, please fill out this form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkaQ343GrzODPEPzPZ099Ji-WYzZa0vvcQpWv7oEUEEMk0yQ/viewform> or email us at asucrpresident at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrpresident at ucr.edu>. We look forward to seeing you there!

[cid:image004.jpg at 01DA5F1E.D6DA4FA0]

[signature_2819833611]