[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for 2/19-2/23

Asha Nettles asha.nettles at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 21 12:30:34 PST 2024

[signature_2819833611]

>From the Office of the President:

Calling all students!

As we continue through the winter quarter, the ASUCR Student Life and International Students Committee is excited to announce the ASUCR Global Fair! Please wear your cultural wear this Friday! ALL CULTURES WELCOME! Mark your calendars for Friday, February 23rd, from 4-7pm, and join us at the Bell Tower to be immersed in performances, fashion shows, and more for your entertainment.

All cultures, organizations, and students are welcome to this event! Whether you're part of an organization or want to represent your culture, this fair is your stage. In the midst of the Winter quarter hustle, we hope that the global fair helps you unwind, so rest back and enjoy. We look forward to seeing you there!

[cid:image002.jpg at 01DA64A0.3F1AD900]

[cid:image007.png at 01DA64A1.71B376F0]

________________________________

>From the Office of the Executive Vice President:

Hello Highlanders!

I would like to invite you to our annual ASUCR Open House. This event will be held on Thursday, Feb 29th, in HUB 302 at 1 - 3 PM. This event will showcase all your elected students officials and what work they have done this year for our student body, and what they will be doing the rest of their terms. We will also be handing out a select number of ASUCR exclusive tote bags to students who attend!

I would also like to invite you to our weekly senate meetings on Thursdays at 7 PM in HUB 221. Specifically, the senate meeting on the 29th will showcase our monthly State of the Association!

I hope to see you soon.

Very Truly Yours,
Victoria Nguyen
Executive Vice President
[cid:image003.jpg at 01DA64A0.3F1AD900]

________________________________

>From the Office of the ASUCR Non-Traditional Student Director:
Hello UCR Students!
Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity that will look great on your CV? If yes, ASUCR's Non-Traditional Students need your help!

We are putting together a student committee that can assist in:

  *   Increasing awareness
  *   Coordinate Undergraduate Events
  *   Outreach
  *   and more!
Click the link to apply. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/125ETX-OZahuxX3RqseEv7UEjY68g02WhGVopzNOGcqw/edit?ts=65aed98f

ASUCR is UCR's official student government built to serve and empower undergraduates like you! You have the power to drive change in ASUCR, in any office you join. Join us to be the change you hope to see at UCR. Join us to create an inclusive and empowering environment. Join ASUCR<https://asucr.ucr.edu/>. Be the change.

Thank you so much for your help!
Dallys Cobian, ASUCR Non-Traditional Student Director

________________________________

>From the Office of the President Pro Tempore:

Hi Highlanders!

Hope you are all having a good day. Legislative Review Committee is an ASUCR committee that oversees all legislation being sent to the Senate. Meetings are held from 3-4 PM on Fridays on Zoom. All students submitting legislation are welcome to come.

If you are wondering what legislation is, we have an infographic explaining more info!

If you have any piece of legislation that you would like sent please submit it in this link<https://forms.gle/uLUdhncS9ZttsVbu7> by Thursday 11:59 PM each week, or if you have ideas feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to answer any questions, comments, or concerns.

[cid:image004.png at 01DA64A0.3F1AD900]

LRC also keeps track of all legislation being passed with the Legislation Tracker Sheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Ugv5zZfJYu068j0Y0ZO1Z-_cmj0epOb5WPsdO0L24o/edit#gid=2001696936>. This will keep track of the progress of legislation as it passes from LRC to the Senate floor, alongside the vote counts, authors, and summaries for each one. We hope this helps with transparency and gives good insight to what the Senate does each week.

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns please email me at achoy012 at ucr.edu<mailto:achoy012 at ucr.edu> or come to my office hours at the ASUCR office. Have a great day!

Abby Choy (she/her/hers)
President Pro Tempore & CNAS Senator
achoy012 at ucr.edu<mailto:achoy012 at ucr.edu>
Winter In-person Office Hours:
Mondays/Wednesdays 1 PM to 2 PM

________________________________

>From the Office of the ASUCR President:

Hi UCR Students!
In celebration of Black History Month, we are excited to collaborate with African Student Programs! Please take a look at this flyer for upcoming events and stay tuned to these instagram accounts for more info regarding these events: @aspucr, @asucr, and @asucr_president.

[cid:image005.jpg at 01DA64A1.05B45EB0]
[cid:image006.png at 01DA64A1.05B45EB0]

Thank you and we hope to see you at R' events!

Best,
Faith Osaji
Freshman Fellow (Office of the President)

>From the Office of the ASUCR President

What has the ASUCR Office of the President accomplished thus far? If you have this question in mind, keep on reading to learn more!

In order to promote transparency and accountability for the ASUCR President's Office, we have compiled this Mid-Quarter Report<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Tg6ViL4HObdxL61ojPvEzWSFXOZTVKRA/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=100338511755149773177&rtpof=true&sd=true> detailing our accomplishments.

If you have any questions or ideas you'd like to see implemented, please feel free to email asucrpresident at ucr.edu<mailto:aahlu004 at ucr.edu> or fill out this Anonymous Feedback Form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdd-2Q0FEfJI8AfxVrNDKJBaRRGPQNBSW2lXLBajcLrjZPHpg/viewform?usp=sf_link>. We're here to empower you and greatly appreciate your feedback so please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks and take care!

Best,
Ankita Ahluwalia
ASUCR President

[signature_2819833611]