[Students] ASUCR Newsletter for 2/26 - 3/1

Asha Nettles asha.nettles at ucr.edu
Wed Feb 28 10:08:09 PST 2024

[signature_2819833611]

Dear Highlanders,

ASUCR has launched a project to develop a multi-year strategic plan for the organization that will help communicate what the students can expect from ASUCR and what goals and values are collectively pursued each year. A strategic plan looks ahead up to five years and sets the big picture goals and action plan for an organization. It can include the values of an organization, vision for the next five years and goals and strategies from stakeholders (YOU!). As a student your feedback is the most valuable to the future of ASUCR. Please take the time to participate in the survey here<https://ucriverside.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e5nNVXqHjb658BE>! The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete.
What to expect in the survey?

  *   Sharing your feedback on what initiatives or issues ASUCR should pursue
  *   Your experience with the current services and programs of ASUCR
If you complete the survey, you can be entered into a raffle for a chance to win a pair of Airpods, Coffee Bean Gift Card or UCR Swag Bag (sweater, lanyard and mug). Survey is open through Sunday March 31  at midnight!
Thank you in advance for helping us set a course for the next five years! If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas for improvement, please email ASUCR President Ankita Ahluwalia (asucrpresident at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrpresident at ucr.edu>).

[cid:image002.jpg at 01DA6A20.00E11660]

>From the Office of the Transfer Director:

Hello Highlanders!
I'd like to invite you all to a collaboration event hosted by both me and the Nontraditional Director next Thursday, March 7th-in efforts to bring the Transfer and Nontraditional community together over some tacos and painting!
Please refer to our Instagram (@asucrtransfer) for more information on how to RSVP for the event, or feel free to contact me if you have any questions at asucrtransfer at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrtransfer at ucr.edu>.
Thank you!
Best,
Noor Javed | Transfer Student Director

Hello Highlanders! Join us on Monday, March 4th, 2024 from 4:30pm-6:30pm at HUB 269 in celebrating Womxn's History Month with ASUCR and the Women's Resource Center at our annual Womxn in Unity event. Get involved by making free hygiene kits and bracelets while learning about the diverse female-led organizations and resources on campus. Plus, be one of the first fifty students to enjoy complimentary boba and sugar cookies! It's a fantastic opportunity to foster community, champion women's initiatives, and indulge in some tasty treats. We look forward to seeing you there!
Anjana Narasimhan
ASUCR Bourns College of Engineering Senator

[cid:image003.jpg at 01DA6A20.00E11660]

>From the Office of the Vice President of External Affairs:

APPLY TO BLACK STUDENT LOBBY DAY 2024
Dear UCR Students,
We encourage you to apply to this year's Black Student Lobby Day hosted by the Afrikan Black Coalition (ABC) in Sacramento from April 8th to the 9th. ASUCR External will be covering travel and lodging expenses for folks who attend this event. This lobby day will allow Black Students to connect to the UC, and CSU and to develop lobbying skills in our state's capitol while meeting with legislators. Join Black Student leaders as they enact impactful change in Sacramento and set precedent for the country to follow. The Deadline to apply is March 3rd, 2024 and you can apply at the following link: TINYURL.COM/BSLD2024<http://TINYURL.COM/BSLD2024>

[cid:image004.jpg at 01DA6A20.00E11660]

REGISTER FOR R'WOMEN'S LOBBY DAY 2024
Hello Highlanders! Join the Women's Resource Center and ASUCR External in participating on the first annual R'Women's Lobby Day! This event is dedicated to empowering UCR women and women-identifying individuals to lobby our state legislators for issues that impact them and higher education. The event runs from 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM on March 14th and you will be meeting with legislators on March 15th. Take on this amazing opportunity to be part of UCR history since this is the first event of its nature on R'Campus.
APPLY BY MARCH 8TH at 11:59 PM. LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE!!!
https://forms.gle/2XtkDoaWAxf2vCpX8

[cid:image005.png at 01DA6A20.00E11660]

Hey Highlanders! We hope you're staying strong as we approach the end of the winter quarter! These are this week's announcements from the ASUCR External Office.
ELECTION DAY IS NEXT TUESDAY!!!
Hello Highlanders! The California primaries have arrived and it is time to vote! Election Day is next Tuesday March 5th, 2024 and you can vote in person at the Voting Center at the Alumni and Visitors Center.
You can also drop off your completed mail-in ballot at the Riverside County Ballot Drop Off Location at the Student Health Services Building next to Dundee and Pentland!!!
Remember to vote this election season UCR. R'Vote matters as state and local elections are equally important as national elections since they impact higher education as a whole. See you at the polls!
DECISION 2024 & THE ROAD TO 270
Hey Highlanders! It is now 2024 and it is a great time to start getting prepared for election day in November. Not only will we be voting on a new president but there are also very important local and state elections. Whether you are from the Inland Empire or not, it is still important to exercise your right to vote!
California Primaries : March 5, 2024 (NEXT TUESDAY!!!)
2024 General Election Day : November 5, 2024
REGISTER TO VOTE TODAY! : https://registertovote.ca.gov/?t=s
(Note that you will not be able to vote for the primaries if you register now, but you can still register in person the day of election day at a voting center)

Vivian Herrera (she/her)

Civic Engagement Director | ASUCR External Affairs | ASUCRVOTES at UCR.EDU<mailto:ASUCRVOTES at UCR.EDU>

UCweVote Vice Chair | UC Student Association | UCWEVOTE at UCSA.ORG<mailto:UCWEVOTE at UCSA.ORG>

Associated Students of University of California, Riverside

APPLY FOR UC HILL DAY 2024!
Hello Highlanders!
It is that time of the year for our students to go to Washington DC to meet with elected officials and advocate for UCR and UC student needs at the 2024 UC Hill Day. This year it will be on April 14th to 17th and is an all-expense paid trip for UCR undergraduate students. Please apply using the link below and apply soon the deadline closes this week!
<http://goog_1053301610/>Application Link: https://forms.gle/CAAh9YwJtKkk6dYBA
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED!
APPLICATION CLOSES 03/02/2024 11:59 PM

Berenice De Anda (she/her)

Federal Relations Director | ASUCR External Affairs | ASUCRNATIONAL at UCR.EDU<mailto:ASUCRNATIONAL at UCR.EDU>
Associated Students of University of California, Riverside

Want to get involved in student advocacy? Join ASUCR External! Reach out to asucradvocacy at ucr.edu<mailto:asucradvocacy at ucr.edu> to learn more.

[cid:image006.png at 01DA6A20.00E11660] ASUCR External Affairs - Real Change Starts Here.

Sincerely,
Ángel Rentería Enríquez | He/Him/His
Vice President of External Affairs
Associated Students of UC Riverside | ASUCR<https://asucr.ucr.edu/>
Email: asucrexternal at ucr.edu<mailto:asucrexternal at ucr.edu>

>From the Office of the Executive Vice President:

[cid:image008.jpg at 01DA6A23.929181A0]

>From the Office of the President Pro Tempore:
Legislative Review Committee is an ASUCR committee that oversees all legislation being sent to the Senate. Meetings are held from 3-4 PM on Fridays on Zoom. All students submitting legislation are welcome to come.

If you are wondering what legislation is, we have an infographic explaining more info!

If you have any piece of legislation that you would like sent please submit it in this link by Thursday 11:59 PM each week, or if you have ideas feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to answer any questions, comments, or concerns.

[cid:image007.jpg at 01DA6A20.00E11660]
LRC also keeps track of all legislation being passed with the Legislation Tracker Sheet<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Ugv5zZfJYu068j0Y0ZO1Z-_cmj0epOb5WPsdO0L24o/edit#gid=2001696936>. This will keep track of the progress of legislation as it passes from LRC to the Senate floor, alongside the vote counts, authors, and summaries for each one. We hope this helps with transparency and gives good insight to what the Senate does each week.

>From the Office of the ASUCR President:
If you have any questions or ideas you'd like to see implemented, please feel free to email asucrpresident at ucr.edu<mailto:aahlu004 at ucr.edu> or fill out this Anonymous Feedback Form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdd-2Q0FEfJI8AfxVrNDKJBaRRGPQNBSW2lXLBajcLrjZPHpg/viewform?usp=sf_link>. We're here to empower you and greatly appreciate your feedback so please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks and take care!

Best,
Ankita Ahluwalia

[signature_2819833611]